What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Whatnot App. Show Nov 11th

For info on other shows.
Do you have local shows that you'd like to post about. Put it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Spyda
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Whatnot App. Show Nov 11th

#1 Post by Spyda »

Hey everyone. I am going to try out this buying and selling platform called WhatNot. I will be doing it live Nov 11th at about 9:00. It might turn out to be a great place to buy and sell Resin Model Kits and Statues. I won’t know until I try it. The platform allows you to list items while you can shoot a live video to talk about and show your items. People sell a lot of comics and legos on there so far and I am hoping to make it a place for what I do. The trick is, the way you get people to see your stuff is followers. I am hoping some of you will be interested in checking it out, which is free. Some may just want to buy, while others might want to try selling there too. If you use the link below as a buyer you will automatically be a follower of mine and will be notified when I am on. I hope to do a practice run tomorrow (Monday) and follow up with another show within a week. Joining has no option to buy, but you to put in payment info so that you can buy items instantly during shows.
This is the link for Buying. (You can always switch to a seller later, but you need to add more info for that)
https://whatnot.com/invite/spydaadams
If you think you might like to sell too, for sure, use this link
https://whatnot.com/invite/seller/spydaadams
It might turn out to be a great way to sell things. This year I only did Jerseyfest, not NYCC. Traveling to other kit shows is just too much money to make up. So this looks like a good possibility to me.
I hope some of you will join up.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Whatnot App. Show Nov 11th

#2 Post by Todd P. »

How's it working for you?

Spyda
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Re: Whatnot App. Show Nov 11th

#3 Post by Spyda »

So far not so great. The audience seems to be comics and collectables, and people getting rid of things. A lot of comic shops seem to be doing it. The model kit buyers are not there yet. it is a nice platform to sell on, so I am attempting to build a following. You lose about 10%, but if you could sell a lot on there, you can do really well. The trick is getting people to sign up for free and follow you. That seems to be the hard part. If you are great with social media and popular, people will come. if you are a working stiff like me, you likely don't do enough on social media to be popular.
I am not giving up though. Just gotta work on the song and dance.