What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

My books

Pull up a chair and discuss your favorite books, magazines, comic books, etc.
But not too loud, the Librarian doesn't like noise...

Moderator: Moderators

KelE
Jack of all Trades

My books

#1 Post by KelE »

In addition to sculpting, I have written a few books.
My first was a Sinbad-style Arabian Nights novel I self-published in 2000.
A Harryhausen-inspired story but I also did a lot of literary research and recently someone from the Arabian Peninsula read it and was flattering--saying that it showed I had done my research into customs and history of the region.
I haven't sold many of those so it is nice to get feedback.
I used a mythological character called a blemmye--I must be one of the first people to use it in a novel according to wikipedia. Someone contacted me after seeing a book ad I made for it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zyZCJuX_GEI

--I did it in the style of a movie trailer and they thought it was a real movie. Unfortunately I had to admit that the 30 seconds was all that there was for it.

I did another sword and sorcery book after that in 2012 and then nothing until 2018 when I did a short horror novel the Shark Men.

I did the cover in 48 hours and just forgot about it--and then checked Amazon and discovered it was selling. With no advertising.
And I got some nice reviews which helped motivate me to write more.
I did a few more monster-themed books and just released my latest, AI Magnum.

I like doing the covers--and the design work.
I wanted the cyborg to be something that reminds you of Tron-Terminator-Transformers-Robocop etc.

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: My books

#2 Post by belrog999 »

Nice! The first thing that popped into my head at seeing your cyborg design was Saturn 3. I'll check them out.
Steve
belrog