What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Sadness - no AFM contest at 2015 Monsterpalooza

Monsterpalooza info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

mjbare
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Sadness - no AFM contest at 2015 Monsterpalooza

#1 Post by mjbare »

I wasn't seeing the AFM contest in any of the Monsterpalooza ads so I contacted Terry Webb and found there wasn't one this year. Dang.
--------
"Tish! You spoke French! You know what that does to me!!!" Gomez Addams

KITS WANTED: Terry Reynold's The Purple Monster Strikes. Marvin the Paranoid Robot UK kit

Ken
Finger Painter

Re: Sadness - no AFM contest at 2015 Monsterpalooza

#2 Post by Ken »

Hi Michael, I hope all is well my friend.

Although there's been a change in sponsorship for this year, there are plans for a contest at Monsterpalooza. Check out the Alternate Universe Modelers Club page on Facebook for details.

See you there

oddioh
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#3 Post by oddioh »

Swiped this off of the FB Page to share over here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alternat ... 3234805042

Looks like some good categories and substantial prizes - better get painting! :D
Ryan Buckalew
Check out my website: www.themonsterspeaks.com
or my art page on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/themonsterspeaks

mjbare
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#4 Post by mjbare »

Thanks for posting. I'm suprised that it's not a part of the Monsterpalooza website. It gives the impression that AU only wants its own members there.
--------
"Tish! You spoke French! You know what that does to me!!!" Gomez Addams

KITS WANTED: Terry Reynold's The Purple Monster Strikes. Marvin the Paranoid Robot UK kit

Ken
Finger Painter

#5 Post by Ken »

Thanks Ryan for posting the contest info.

Please be assured that everyone who would like to participate in the contest is welcome. Although I understand the impression given, please know that it was not intentional, as Alternate Universes only goal with posting on Facebook was to get the word out. I can't answer as to why the info is not on the Monsterpalooza site other than the contest info was just made available from the sponsors a short time ago so maybe, with the show being only a few weeks away, they haven't had the time to post? Just guessing...

Please share this with those who ask and I Look forward to seeing you all on the 28th.

Ken

chessman88

#6 Post by chessman88 »

Ken,

You are correct in the fact that the new sponsors of the model contest didn't get all the contest details finalize in time for Eliot to post on the show site. AU was doing its best to get the word out with what little info we had with what means we had which was the clubs Face Book page.

Alternate Universe Model Builders members have always worked hard to make this contest one that everyone could enter and enjoy and always worked with the sponsors of the this contest to do so. Let me make this clear, the contest is open to everyone who wishes to enter, NOT just members of Alternate Universe. We are sorry if some people took it that way, it was not our intention, the contest is not Alternate Universe's, we just support it for the good of the hobby. As a club, we wish everyone who enters the best of luck, and remember, there are new categories and new prizes. Please read the contest notice for categories, times and rules and hope to see you there.

Paul

george stephenson
GK Godfather
Jack of all Trades

#7 Post by george stephenson »

I'm glad the flyer for the contest was posted here. Sorry for not getting more information out there about the contest. Ken from Badger has been swamped with travel to shows in other industries and I've been swamped, too. We didn't have as much time to plan this contest as we would have liked but the goal is to create something to build on for next year and coming years. We expect a goodly turn out and really hope folks will turn out to enter the contest and to check it out.

Seeya this weekend.

GeoS
http://www.blackheartmodels.com

"Black Is Beautiful!"