What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Monsterpalooza April 9 -11 2010

Monsterpalooza info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Knight of the Round Bench

Re: Monsterpalooza April 9 -11 2010

#21 Post by XOFACTO2 »

Funnyara is confirmed to be at the show. Have also heard that a couple of more AFM writers will be there. This is shaping up to be a heck of a party. :D :D :D
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

What am I selling? Join me on Facebook for my kit of the day..

https://www.facebook.com/john.tucky

or at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/figurek ... =bookmarks

todlaw
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#22 Post by todlaw »

I know i can't wait for this show,Return of the living dead is one of my all time favorite movies.It will be great to hang out with Lonnie,Sue,John H,John T and all the other kit builders again.I hope more kit builders will be there,i'm also really looking forward to meeting Spider Zero, love his sculpts. Plus i haven't been to California in years should be a great time,see you there.
Todd

WOLFMAN66
Resin Slayer

#23 Post by WOLFMAN66 »

You guys are lucky out west you got all the cool shows to hit up and see all the stars and talent flying around at the show :D .I gotta get the hell of jersey for a weekend and hit one of these shows up soon before 2012 :lol:
Travelers to unknown regions would be well-advised to take along the family dog. He could just save you from entering the wrong gate.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kaijumodelkit/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/

John Hircock
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#24 Post by John Hircock »

Who else is making the trip to LA for the show?

John
Its a box of plastic if it sits in your closet. Its only a work of art if you build and paint it! Get busy my friends!

KreatureKid
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#25 Post by KreatureKid »

Ill be there!! :D
Adam Dougherty The KreatureKid

John Hircock
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#26 Post by John Hircock »

Adam

Really glad you can make it.

John
Its a box of plastic if it sits in your closet. Its only a work of art if you build and paint it! Get busy my friends!

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#27 Post by XOFACTO2 »

Hey Adam, looking forward to seeing you at the show. It was a blast last year and I'm sure it will be again this year. :D
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

or at

camper
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#28 Post by camper »

I am really looking forward to this show! Especially after hearing how great it
was last year! :wink:

°Jeff

CAMPer

John Hircock
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#29 Post by John Hircock »

I don't understand why this show does not have a more prominent spot here on the board? With all the positive things i've heard about last year not to mention the special guests. Is this not the biggest 3 day show for kits, monsters, stars, on the West Coast?

John

MONSTERPALOOZA

#30 Post by MONSTERPALOOZA »

Dimensional Designs has a table at the show and Jim Lawrence will be there as well.
I hope you guys will be participating in the AFM Kit Contest.
Barney Burman and Proteus Effects will be doing a presentation and have Star Trek 09 screen used pieces in the museum.
Greg Nicotero and Howard Berger of KNB EFX will be doing a presentation in the theatre
Monsterpalooza is five weeks away!!!
http://www.rubberroom101.com/monsterpalooza2010/

Jim Bertges
Master of Masking

Re: Monsterpalooza April 9 -11 2010--Model Contest Rules Posted

#31 Post by Jim Bertges »

Here are the full rules and information about the AFM model contest at Monsterpalooza.

AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest Official Rules

Looking to enter AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest, then here’s what you need to know. This is a one-day modeling event that’ll take place at the “Monsterpalooza” show, to be held April 9th-11th 2009 at the Burbank Airport Marriott Hotel and Convention Center in Burbank, Ca. The actual contest will be on Saturday, April 10th from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 10:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. Judging will take place shortly thereafter with the winners announced at 5:00 p.m. All modelers are subject to a $6.00 entrance fee for the first kit entered, with additional entries costing $2.00 dollar per kit. For this contest there are no restrictions on the number of kits a modeler can enter.

If you have any other questions regarding the contest or the rules, please contact Terry J. Webb, at: terryjwebb61@gmail.com

Contest Rules

Before placing their kits, all modelers must complete an entry form for each kit entered in the competition.
All entries must be built and painted by the modeler entering the contest.
All models and bases must not exceed a 2’ x 2’ size limitation.
All models must be applicable to the contest category selected.
Once entered, all models must stay on display for the length of the contest. Early removal of any model will automatically disqualify the entrant.
All models must be picked up no later than 5 p.m. on Saturday.
The decision of the judges is final on all issues pertaining to the outcome of the contest.

Categories
Six horror-themed categories are slated for AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest and they include: Silent Horror (i.e. Phantom of the Opera/Nosferatu), Classic Horror (i.e. Frankenstein’s Monster/Creature from the Black Lagoon), Modern Horror (i.e. Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers), Fantasy (i.e. Harryhausen/King Kong), Original Horror (i.e. original design kits) and Sci-fi Horror (i.e. Predator/Alien).

Awards
First, Second & Third place awards will be given away in each category, with each winner receiving a model and or a prize award for their efforts.

Security
AFM’s Monster Maker Model contest will be held in the Sunset Room A and B, an enclosed space located in the east wing of the Marriott Convention Center. Staff Members of Amazing Figure Modeler magazine will be on hand at all times to watch over the models. However, Amazing Figure Modeler magazine and the Rubber Room assumes no liability for models lost, stolen or broken.

Moebius Make and Take Program

In support of AFM’s Monster Maker Contest we have expanded the modeling activities to encompass the entire weekend of the Monstpalooza 2010! For starters we are hosting Moebius Models’ Make N’ Take program for kids. This is an exciting event for kids of all ages to come and learn the simple basics of plastic model kit building. For Monster- Palooza 2010, there will be FREE! Moebius “Monster Scenes” kits made available to kids for all three days of the event. This program will have experienced modelers on hand to chaperone and help assist kids (if they need it) to assemble these snap-together kits. The only stipulations to participate in this activity are as follows: Only one free kit per child (ages 5-18) and the kit must be built at the point of receipt. The Moebius Models’ Make N’ Take program will be held Friday night, Saturday and Sunday in the Sunset Room A and B. So parents don’t forget to bring the kids and let them enjoy some FREE monstrous fun that they keep and take home!

AFM Modeling Seminars

Also new this year is the AFM Modeling Seminars to be held on Sunday April 11th. These FREE How to Modeling demos will be headed up by nationally known, professional experts and are open to modelers of all ages looking to improve their modeling skills. The Seminar lineup and scheduling is as follows;
Jordu Schell Sculpting Demo 11:00-1:30 Theme: Character Development
Steve Riojas Painting Demo 1:00- 2:00 Theme: Airbrushing Monsters.
The Shiflett Brothers Sculpting Demo 2:00- 3:00 Theme: Sculpting techniques.
A fourth and final demo is planned but has yet to be determined so watch for updates.
All of the AFM Modeling Seminars will be held Friday night, Saturday and Sunday in the Sunset Room A and B. But don’t be late, seating is limited and will be available on a first come first serve basis.
So modelers come one, come all to the expanded AFM Monster Maker Weekend at Monsterpalooza 2010 this April 9th, 10th, and 11th. Just don’t forget to bring your monster kits and enter AFM’s Monster Maker Model Contest; it’s guaranteed to bring out your inner Frankenstein!
You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred! -- Super Chicken

http://www.theclubhouse1.net/museum/

nmeyers
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#32 Post by nmeyers »

This should be another great show!

We've got a table again this year, will be great to meet everyone!

DoctorG
Bishop of Build Ups

#33 Post by DoctorG »

I was in the process of making plans to attend, but recently learned that my daughter's dance recital is the evening of April 10th. I'll miss seeing you all, but I hope to catch-up with most of you at Wonderfest the following month :D
Dr. G.

MONSTERPALOOZA

#34 Post by MONSTERPALOOZA »

Special Monsterpalooza guest Barney Burman just won an Oscar for his work on Star Trek 09.
Sunday April 11 Barney will be discussing his career in the FX industry in the Monsterpalooza Theatre.

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#35 Post by XOFACTO2 »

Here's some cool news... Jeff Yagher will be attending the show. He will, for part of the day, be hanging out at the X-O Table. Due to Jeff's schedule, we won't know if that happens on Saturday or Sunday... but he will be there. :D :D :D
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

or at

HereBeMonsters
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#36 Post by HereBeMonsters »

Cool Jeff's a great guy.

XOFACTO2
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#37 Post by XOFACTO2 »

In retrospect... as the show approaches, I should have gotten two tables... :(
John Tucky
Facto2@aol.com

or at

MONSTERPALOOZA

#38 Post by MONSTERPALOOZA »

A little birdy told me Guillermo Del Torro will be attending early Friday ready to buy monsters..we shall see.

KreatureKid
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#39 Post by KreatureKid »

Awesom!!!!!!!!!! Iv been wanting to talk to Jeff again!!!!!!!! :shock:
Adam Dougherty The KreatureKid

John Hircock
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#40 Post by John Hircock »

I'm so looking forward to finally meeting Jeff. I'm a huge fan of so many of his great sculpts, he has been a real cornerstone of the hobby since the beginning.

John