What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Big round of applause for the JF organizers

Jerseyfest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Big round of applause for the JF organizers

#1 Post by derekc62 »

I just got back from my third consecutive JerseyFest and once again a tip of the hat to everyone who makes the show happen: Dave, Rob, and their small army of friends and relatives who make this such a great show.
From the contest room to the dealers room and the great seminars I took in with Casey Love, Randy Bowen, Saul Alvarez, Greg McKellar and Sandy Collora it was another top-notch production.
Well done everyone.
Derek Conlon

Believe016
Brush Jockey

Re: Big round of applause for the JF organizers

#2 Post by Believe016 »

You're spot on Derek. It is run very well. I'm thankful that we still have a kit show in the north east.

needful1one
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by needful1one »

Amazing event once again !!! The love for the hobby is alive & well at JF. The event is so well produced and it's a family unit that makes it work once again.This is the way great shows are remembered. If you have never been to this event you need to be there, something you will not regret and I am sure you will have lasting memories of this great time and love for everything cool in our amazing hobby.

Congrats to Rob & Dave and their amazing team.
Well done once again.

-RR
-Robb

Avall15
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#4 Post by Avall15 »

You know what is funny when Robb mentions about how well it is produced and it is a family unit that makes it work......When we were setting up the tables Friday at Randy Bowen's table was former UFC fighter Nate Quarry, he was there to promote his new model kit and Cage Fighter information. He said to me, "Everyone here is yelling across to one another, very fast and it is not the kind of yelling where they are mad, it is all very friendly and loud.......I am not used to that in Oregon, it is great to see!"

mikef12169
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#5 Post by mikef12169 »

Great Job Guys. Thank you

WStulack
Seam Filler

#6 Post by WStulack »

I am incredibly grateful for JerseyFest and all the folks who work so hard to make it a success every year. I had a great time hanging out and talking Godzilla with the Kaijumodeler guys. I came away with some great kits, but more importantly I came away with some great memories.

If you look up "Awesome" in the dictionary, you will see a picture of the JerseyFest crew there.

Thanks again for putting on an Amazing show!
William Stulack

Vince-Vell
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#7 Post by Vince-Vell »

Amazing job once again to Dave and Rob and the rest of the crew getting everything up and running for a fun weekend of just talking resin. Had a blast again this year.

Seems like everyone enjoyed the classes i talked to and had a lot of fun. I had the most fun at the Saturday Night party just listening to everyone talking what they did to their build ups, thats what i loved the most. Always going to shows seeing the kits on display but never being able to find out how they did their amazing build ups, the parties is where its at for me. Thanks for setting those up!

ShaneM
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#8 Post by ShaneM »

They went above and beyond to accomodate and provide a great venue.

Another success. It's come a long way from the gathering in Dave's basement which I always felt honored to attend. If we still had to bring along 3 buildups each we would need a larger contest/ display room.
Last edited by ShaneM on August 30th, 2016, 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.

If you want to see what i do for fun take a click, It may be disturbing.
http://vimeo.com/32512596

badkarmaproductions@gmail.com

Redwing
Master of Masking

#9 Post by Redwing »

I can only echo what everyone has said. Derek really nailed it. Also, the quality of the stuff in the contest room continually sets new bars each year.

It's the best weekend of the year, this was my 5th and looking forward to number 6 already.

plyometrics
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#10 Post by plyometrics »

Jerseyfest is the most enjoyable show every year. Get to see old freinds, talk kits and live in a dream world for a couple of days! Those 3 1/2 days flew by. Great work to all involved.

Robert T.
Diorama of miracles, the eternal work in progress! http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 20diorama/

gonzo_miniatures
Glue Sniffer

#11 Post by gonzo_miniatures »

YES! Kudos to Dave, Rob, Saul and the Swine Crew. The class selection was great. I opted for the Casey Love class even before the kit was announced and was not disappointed in the class or the kit. The vendor area was splendid, although some of the usual vendors were absent (and sorely missed) the new vendors more than made up for it. The exhibition was splendid as always. I am already forward to next year!

Keep up the great work, guys.

Norbert
Squire of the Sprue

#12 Post by Norbert »

Great Show.
Join us at Resin Maniacs on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ResinManiacs/
Resin Maniacs on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ResinManiacs/

moonlightdrive21
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#13 Post by moonlightdrive21 »

Rob and I thank you for the positive reviews fellas.

Dave
JerseyFest Model Kit & Statue Fair
http://www.jerseyfestfair.com

henry pratt
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#14 Post by henry pratt »

I had a great time and enjoyed myself ..
All kit shows are about the same thing .. The People
You surround yourself with quality people .. Then you'll
have a great time ...

Thanks to all

Joe B

moonlightdrive21
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#15 Post by moonlightdrive21 »

Vince-Vell wrote:...I had the most fun at the Saturday Night party just listening to everyone talking what they did to their build ups, thats what i loved the most. Always going to shows seeing the kits on display but never being able to find out how they did their amazing build ups, the parties is where its at for me. Thanks for setting those up!
The JF night time parties and "show and tells" are what's most reminiscent of the days when JerseyFest was a hobby party in a basement. So, we try to maintain that kind of more intimate experience and sharing between attendees by running those parties. I'm glad you and others dig em'
JerseyFest Model Kit & Statue Fair
http://www.jerseyfestfair.com

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#16 Post by derekc62 »

moonlightdrive21 wrote:
Vince-Vell wrote:...I had the most fun at the Saturday Night party just listening to everyone talking what they did to their build ups, thats what i loved the most. Always going to shows seeing the kits on display but never being able to find out how they did their amazing build ups, the parties is where its at for me. Thanks for setting those up!
The JF night time parties and "show and tells" are what's most reminiscent of the days when JerseyFest was a hobby party in a basement. So, we try to maintain that kind of more intimate experience and sharing between attendees by running those parties. I'm glad you and others dig em'
This is how we learn from each other and advance the hobby and our skills, by showing the end results and explaining the techniques used to achieve them.
These show-and-tell parties are a great part of the whole JF weekend.
Derek Conlon

GUITARWORX
CH Supporter / Registered Seller
CH Supporter / Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#17 Post by GUITARWORX »

Even though I came out Sunday for the day I was in heaven.placing faces with names and talking shop was really nice...besides getting those last minute deals.
I brought my dad out with me and it's funny how the roles were reversed.When Inwas younger he used to take me to his RAdio Control Plane shows.
He was very impressed with the talent on display both in the dealer room and the contest room
Im ein ani li, mi li?
----------------------------------

http://community.webshots.com/user/guit ... =community

WTB Chaos Warlord by Mana Studios

RAJ
Brush Jockey

#18 Post by RAJ »

Excellent show. I enjoyed every minute of the entire weekend from Friday to Sunday.

Cult of Personality
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Earl of Epoxy

#19 Post by Cult of Personality »

Sorry I am late weighing in on this, but I am JUST NOW able to take a breath after filling all the orders from folks I spoke to at the show! FANTASTIC from first setting up Friday night to packing up for the ride back to Baltimore (I was LITERALLY selling kits in the parking lot while loading the car! :D ) But again, to echo all who have posted before me, it is the VIBE and the CREATIVE ENERGY that makes this THE place to be! Rob, Dave, thanks again for your patience with my work schedule and only being able to commit VERY late in the game; I could NOT have been happier with my location, and the VERY hands on attention and response to every request or question was just fantastic! And as per usual, to have THE most talented sculptors, painters, casters (and let's not forget CUSTOMERS) all in one location led me personally to undertake no less than THREE new projects (and virtually FINANCE all of them!)
THANKS GUYS!!!
Tom
The more things change, the more they stay the same...

plyometrics
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#20 Post by plyometrics »

Glad you were there Tom.

Robert T.
Diorama of miracles, the eternal work in progress! http://s1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii5 ... 20diorama/