What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

JerseyFest 2016 Wrap-Up

Jerseyfest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

moonlightdrive21
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

JerseyFest 2016 Wrap-Up

#1 Post by moonlightdrive21 »

Thanks to all the vendors, artists, presenters and attendees who made it to the show!! The quantity and quality of models in the vendor room were outstanding - it was a beautiful sight to see. Contest entries were again superb this year. Night time parties, "show and tells" and meet-ups were also great.

And a very special thanks to the awesome crew who helped put on what's become a very big production. Saul, Scott, Angelo, Steve, Rick, Jim, etc....we could not do it without you.

We really appreciate all the positive feedback and energy we got from everyone this year. Have a great Fall and I hope the show inspires you to work on some models. :D

Dave
JerseyFest Model Kit & Statue Fair
http://www.jerseyfestfair.com

gonzo_miniatures
Glue Sniffer

Re: JerseyFest 2016 Wrap-Up

#2 Post by gonzo_miniatures »

Great show again this year, Dave. Love the variety in the vendor selection, the classes and seminars, and the kits on display in the exhibition. You guys keep this up and you will eclipse all the other shows out there. I love the atmosphere at Jerseyfest. It is attendee friendly. Everyone is happy to be there and see everyone else. Even when you are at your busiest, you still make time to say hello. That approachable-ness is something I do not feel at Wonderfest.

I was chatting with several guys throughout the weekend about how to improve the show and we came up with a possibility. I would like to suggest a sculpting class series that spans multiple years. Start with a basic course that addresses tools, the various sculpting mediums (pros/cons and when to use one over another), armatures and basic techniques; with the end result being a sculpt that emphasizes the form over the detail. This would be for beginners like me.

The next year you could offer an intermediate class that picks up where the first one left off. This class would focus on turning a rough sculpt into a more finished sculpt, addressing things like design and textures. The last class in the series would be for experienced sculptors and would dive into greater detail on topics like design, finishing, and subtle enhancements that turn a sculpt from the ordinary to the extraordinary. I'm sure a series like that would be well received by folks like myself who want to learn to sculpt but get intimidated by the "experts" in the room. This format would also allow the instructors to tailor their lessons to an audience that is at the relatively same experience level.

I hope you consider the suggestion. I'd love to hear what others think of the idea.

moonlightdrive21
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#3 Post by moonlightdrive21 »

Thanks for the review and suggestion. We will consider it.
JerseyFest Model Kit & Statue Fair
http://www.jerseyfestfair.com

boondocksaint
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by boondocksaint »

As always an amazing turn out and great work by the whole Jerseyfest crew ! Can't wait till next year !