What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Question about the contest and attending JF....

Jerseyfest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

sktch4fn
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Question about the contest and attending JF....

#1 Post by sktch4fn »

Hi guys!

Unfortunately, due to some recent financial problems, I will not be able to stay for the whole weekend at JF but I'd like to come either Saturday or Sunday for the contest. If I do go on Saturday and pick my kits up late that day, according to the website I would qualify for Gold, Silver and Bronze but not the Special Awards given on Sunday, but if I go on Sunday morning, I will qualify for Special awards and not the Gold, Silver and bronze awards?

I think Saturday is the busiest day and maybe the best to go but because I can not spend a lot, will Sunday be a better day to attend? I've never been so any tips will be great :)

Thank you

Edison

ffolkes75
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

Re: Question about the contest and attending JF....

#2 Post by ffolkes75 »

I'll let the JerseyFest folks pipe in on the awards, but from my understanding, as long as a piece is in by 11am Sunday, its qualified for any award, both the gold, silver, bronze and the specials. As far as which day to go for buying...as with any show, theres limited amount of goodies the venders bring and obviously the hot stuff goes pretty quick. Thats not to say there isn't plenty to be had on Sunday..but I do most of my kit buying on Saturday. I have picked up a few good deals late Sunday...venders rather deal than pack it back up, but thats a crap shoot. That all being said...the best day for the contest room is Sunday...more great work to see! Hoping the new venue will have more space and great lighting!