Check This thread

G-FEST XXI

G-Fest info, news, and questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

G-FEST XXI

#1 Post by timetraveler »

The dates for G-Fest XXI are July 11-13. It will be held at the Crowne Plaza in Rosemont, Illinois. The hotel is now taking reservations under the special G-Fest bloc rate.

And yes, they do fill up fast :wink:

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

Re: G-FEST XXI

#2 Post by raydrz »

next week! :shocked2:
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

timetraveler
Squire of the Sprue

Re: G-FEST XXI

#3 Post by timetraveler »

G-Fest XXI lived up to its title as the "Biggest Little Model Show in the World". While there is a whole lot of non-modeling activities at G-Fest, the modeling thread is done with 100% dedication by its staff and contestants.

The "Make and Take" consisted of 2 sessions. For ten dollars participants received an excellent vinyl figure of Megalon, unlimited access to paint, brushes, and miscellaneous supplies, and instruction from outstanding kaiju mentors. This is a very good deal!!!

The contest room is extremely elegant and the models displayed well. I highly recommend checking out Raydrz pictures. The entries were quite varied, showing different styles and techniques of modeling kaiju. Superb painting, base scratchbuilding, and construction of challenging (and rare) kits were in evidence throughout the contest. A salute to John, John, John and Jon is in order.

The special modeling guest was Hiroshi Sagae, who made the trip over from Japan. His work has been featured in Hobby Japan many, many times. It was great meeting the artist behind all those fabulous creations seen in HJ. A very personable, cheerful guy who loves modeling.

The modeling demos covered just about all aspects of making kaiju, from beginner to advanced levels.

Matt from Kaiju Modeler made enormous contributions to the success of the G-Fest modeling program. Very much appreciated!

Well, I should get back to work on my next kaiju project. But first I'm gonna take another look at Raydrz' G-Fest XXI pictures. :wink: