Check This thread

SDCC 2012 Who is going ?

San Diego Comicon related posts here!

Moderator: Moderators

Applesaws
Jack of all Trades

SDCC 2012 Who is going ?

#1 Post by Applesaws »

Hey folks about to gear up for some summer fun, I wont be able to hit wonderfest this year so I am hoping SDCC will come up with some fun. Grant it models arent showcased so much, But last year Shifflett Bros, Spyda, Spiderzero and Mike Hill were there.

Who is going and who usually goes?

relikizan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: SDCC 2012 Who is going ?

#2 Post by relikizan »

i'm hoping to go as i missed last year (personal boycott due to how they now handle the hotel registration; we did everything they asked and never received confirmation so missed out). right now, waiting on professional passes to be offered but not looking good as they usually are offered already by this time . . . get the feeling professionals may get screwed this year and not get them (also, they just announced hotel cancellation times were extended today; wonder why?!?!?). sucks as if that was the case i would have bought passes when they were offered . . . times are changing for this show and not for the good in my opinion.
Bonjot Models - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonjot-Mo ... 8388458076

"The eagle never lost so much time, as when he submitted to learn of the crow." - William Blake

Applesaws
Jack of all Trades

#3 Post by Applesaws »

relikizan wrote:i'm hoping to go as i missed last year (personal boycott due to how they now handle the hotel registration; we did everything they asked and never received confirmation so missed out). right now, waiting on professional passes to be offered but not looking good as they usually are offered already by this time . . . get the feeling professionals may get screwed this year and not get them (also, they just announced hotel cancellation times were extended today; wonder why?!?!?). sucks as if that was the case i would have bought passes when they were offered . . . times are changing for this show and not for the good in my opinion.
Yeah we usually rally something up near hotel circle we dont stay close but my brother moved there a year or so ago so i stay with him, Its too much I can only take two days of it, feels more like a Mall now

Spyda
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#4 Post by Spyda »

I should be there again in artist alley. Just trying to get through the paperwork.

Applesaws
Jack of all Trades

#5 Post by Applesaws »

Spyda wrote:I should be there again in artist alley. Just trying to get through the paperwork.
Good deal talked to you breifly last year hope I get some time to swing on by!

madmodeler
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

#6 Post by madmodeler »

I went to this comic-con for 11 years in a row until the last few years when people started buying up all the tickets and putting them on ebay for profits so the rest of us couldn't get any. then the whole hotel fiasco made it impossible to get a room. now I guess I'll start going to the anaheim comic con since it seems to be getting better each year.

dcole
Master of Masking

#7 Post by dcole »

I haven't gone for a number of years. Back in the day, I could drive downtown, park in the convention center parking lot on a Saturday buy a ticket onsite and walk in the door. Now, of course, purchasing tickets online are about the same odds as winning the lottery, so nah, it's not worth the hassle. [-(

Also thinking about checking out Anaheim next year.
Debi

Reliving my childhood, one bit of painted plastic at a time.

Braxus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Glue Sniffer

#8 Post by Braxus »

Been going every year since 2005. Though this year probably be there for Fri-Sun only due to work commitments. :/

sparkart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler
Location: Southern California (Los Angeles & Orange County) 90609

#9 Post by sparkart »

I honestly lost count of the number of years I've attended The Con, bt it still manages to give some great memories year after year. Yes, I agree that the "golden age" of the San Diego Comic-Con has passed, that time when you could really enjoy The Con, and never feel frustrated or crowded out. Nevertheless, there's more offerings and distractions outside of The Con that're getting better and almost as entertaining as what goes on inside the Convention Center.