What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Aurora 1966 Mad Dentist

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

Aurora 1966 Mad Dentist

#1 Post by Aurora 484 »

Was anyone else following the eBay auction that ended last night for the sealed 1966 Aurora Mad Dentist?

The kit went for $10,887.77 and had 3 separate bids over $10,000.

Does anyone know of a higher public or private sale of an Aurora kit?

Dirty Harry
Brush Jockey

Re: Aurora 1966 Mad Dentist

#2 Post by Dirty Harry »

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#3 Post by Scooke123 »

That price is right up there at the top - I can't recall any others that went that high. Was a really excellent model though. I'm sure there aren't many copies left of it especially in that condition.
Steve Cooke

WOLFMAN66
Resin Slayer

#4 Post by WOLFMAN66 »

I'm not surprise on how high this one went for on ebay sealed.But the Mad Doctor,Dentist and Barber were only issued in Canada.
Travelers to unknown regions would be well-advised to take along the family dog. He could just save you from entering the wrong gate.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kaijumodelkit/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

#5 Post by Aurora 484 »

WOLFMAN66 wrote:I'm not surprise on how high this one went for on ebay sealed.But the Mad Doctor,Dentist and Barber were only issued in Canada.

These may also have been only regionally distributed as well. I don't remember seeing them at all as a kid nor did I know of anyone that had any of them.

First time I heard of them was as an adult via Buzz Conroy who told me that they were plentiful in the Montreal area where he lived at the time.