What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie === on Apple TV+

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie === on Apple TV+

#1 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Certainly not the typical sort of movie that gets mentioned here - but it would be a mistake not to.

It's been out since May 12th (2023) on Apple TV+, and I spotted it TODAY by complete accident.

The way this was put together is amazing - as amazing as Michael & his Wife.

Those involved have merged TV & movie snippets, with real & generated "behind the scenes" clips, added interviews from chat shows, all interspersed with the "present day" interviewer asking direct questions about current state etc. It is very VERY cleverly done.

Tear-jerking in places, inspiring throughout. I'm astonished at how this man has kept his sense-of-humour and positive outlook with everything he has gone (and is going) through.

If you (as I do) have family members or friends that suffer with this cruel & thieving disease, then even if you are not around them every day to see the reality of how it affects them, it will certainly help you care just that bit more.

Please watch it if you have the ability . . . it's not "doom & gloom", and is as uplifting as it COULD be.

The man is a hero, and although I wish all sufferers had the money/means to help them through it the way Michael does, I wish all the more that a cure is found quickly.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Still: A Michael J. Fox Movie === on Apple TV+

#2 Post by Buc Wheat »

Whenever I see him being interviewed, he always comes off as exaggerating the illness
just for sympathies sake. (but, unless one walks his shoes I guess I shouldn't think that
way).

Krel
Finger Painter

#3 Post by Krel »

Buc Wheat wrote: May 31st, 2023, 3:48 pm Whenever I see him being interviewed, he always comes off as exaggerating the illness
just for sympathies sake. (but, unless one walks his shoes I guess I shouldn't think that
way).
Close. He has admitted in the past that when he does interviews, he cuts back on his medication to emphasize what people in his condition go through.

David.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#4 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Krel wrote: May 31st, 2023, 4:37 pmClose. He has admitted in the past that when he does interviews, he cuts back on his medication to emphasize what people in his condition go through.

David.

Yeah - he says that in the movie too, and does it at 1 point to emphasise the difference, and also in an embedded clip of his visit to the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee in 1999 (when his symptoms were nowhere near as bad as they are today).

He has used his position to raise more money and awareness than anyone else I currently know of.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#5 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Tragic that he was struck so young, but I gather that he has used his celebrity to advance the cause of finding a cure.

Props to him for that.

As far as his occasional pontifications on things of a political nature (that no one is interested in) ... let's just say that in my view its not a good look for anyone in the public eye to "go off reservation" and pi** off half the people who are your livelihood.

I wouldn't do it. But then I'm old fashioned. My idea of "virtue signaling" is my TX DV license plate. And putting out the old Stars and Stripes on July 4th. :D
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett