What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Ted Lasso === (AppleTV+)

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Ted Lasso === (AppleTV+)

#1 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I'm stupid (I know - you're not surprised at the admission).

Let's face it, there are multiple reasons why that's a fair accusation - but those relevant to the thread title are as follows:
  • 1) I found out about the first season LONG after it had finished initial release (which was Aug-Sept 2020) - and that was by watching an episode of Graham Norton where someone mentioned how DIFFERENT the show was . . .
      • . . . no real details - just "what we need today" (or words to that effect). It still took me a while to do some digging and then watch. I'm stupid.
    2) With all the nastiness and stress going on in real lives - this will raise plenty of smiles for those who watch it. As such, I've been meaning to start a thread here for MONTHS, but didn't. I'm stupid.

3) Once I started watching season 1, I couldn't stop - ended up binge-watching all ten 30-minute episodes over 3 days. After every episode I would think "Start a thread on The Clubhouse". I didn't. I'm stupid.

4) I was well-primed for season 2, waiting excitedly for it to start in July. I thought - "NOW start that thread on The Clubhouse" - I didn't. I'm stupid.

5) Last Friday saw the release of S02E08 (with 4 more left in the season). After every episode of Season 2 I've thought (* OK - you can see where this is going by now . . . *)

Anyways - by all means do your own research, but trust me, WELL worth tracking down.

I'd hate to overhype it - but truly - it's the most charming, uplifting, encouraging, thoughtful, funny show I think I've EVER seen. It absolutely IS "different".

Don't get put off that it's centered around a UK football (soccer) team - that's NOT the heartbeat of the show. The charm actually comes from the characters, their relationships, and how they make you fall in love with them, and want them to succeed and be happy.

There's also no laugh track - which is certainly a plus!

With the exception of 3 people - Jason Sudeikis, an Amazon that was seen on "Game Of Thrones" seasons 5 & 6, and one of Buffy's old buddies, the actors are likely unknown to most of you. That probably adds to the enjoyment as they REALLY fit well into their roles - like they were BORN for them. Perfect casting on EVERYONE.

Once you get to the end of S01E02, you'll likely be hooked.

This should win EVERY award it is nominated for (and that's a LOT!)

I think you'll love it.

But then what do I know - I'm stupid.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Heavy Metal Spike

Re: Ted Lasso === (AppleTV+)

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Season 2 came to a close today - another great episode in a chain of great episodes (with maybe 1 oddball and 1 that took some getting used to - but now makes sense).

Love, loyalty, betrayal, dedication, compassion, friendship, and honest-to-goodness decency. Complex relationships within a VERY encouraging story, shared with a liberal dose of humour.

I can't remember another TV show in my entire lifetime where I've re-watched every episode within a couple of days of original transmission.

It deserves all the awards it got, and those that it will get. Effin' amazing show - heartwarming & brilliant.

Everything about this is perfect, except that we now have to wait 9-12 months for Season 3 :lol:

Heavy Metal Spike

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I would have thought that there was at least ONE regular poster here that would have added comments to this thread - but ya knows - life is full of surprises.

Season 3 started March 15th 2023, and this week will welcome in the 11th episode of the 12.

Heartwarming doesn't even BEGIN to describe the writing throughout EVERY SINGLE EPISODE. It's a joyous experience in a world that can all-too-often be so ugly.

This show is without doubt the most emotional TV roller-coaster I have ever experienced.

In a single episode, there are more twists and turns, more ups, more downs, more laugh-out-loud moments, more tears and more surprises, than most shows get in an entire season.

Just when you think you know where things are going – they completely subvert your expectations.

Everything about this (all episodes) is off-the charts good . . . the writing, the humour, the acting, the directing . . . it’s the show the world needs right now (which is why it’s no surprise it’s top of the charts on Apple TV’s offerings I guess!)

Every single member of the cast is PERFECT for their role, but if I was going to call out ONE in particular - it would be Hannah Waddingham (shot below is from S03E06 - "Sunflowers" - my favourite episode of them all so far) - what an amazing actress (and human-being in real life) :cloud9:

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Buc Wheat »

sorry, don't have AppleTV. :(

Heavy Metal Spike

#5 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:sorry, don't have AppleTV. :(
You can get a free 7-day trial - then it's about $10/month (and you could cancel after the 1st month).

Worth getting just for this (trust me!) - then you could binge-watch just in time for the final episode of season 3 which is next week.

As I mentioned above - by the time you've made it to the end of episode 2 in season 1, you'll likely be hooked.

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#6 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Sorry - don't watch TV (too busy with life's responsibilities) ... well, actually the wife and I do some "binge watching" via some *highly dubious* international sites when we go on vacation in late Summer "over the pond", but this Summer's pretty much been reserved for "Picard Season 3" and "Prehistoric Planet Season 2" ... :lol2: :pimp: :green_rollin:
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Heavy Metal Spike

#7 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Well, the final episode was yesterday, and like every OTHER episode, I've already watched it twice - and others are still pointing out more-and-more subtle "hidden" things/connections that I missed on both viewings.

The writers are so very talented.

This was a perfect ending to one of the happiest (maybe even THE happiest) shows I’ve ever watched.

There were tears.

Just SO ****ing good.

Chefblades
Seam Filler

#8 Post by Chefblades »

I watched the first season when it aired, then rewatched it with my better half....
I've never watched anything like it before,
We've a couple of episodes left before the end, and everything you've said I can only echo.
It is wonderful in so many ways, and I'll be truly sad to see it end
Andy
Andy Mitchell
Guns for show, Knives for pros.