What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

The Other Vampirella....X-plus WIP!

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Glusniffer
Knight of the Round Bench

Re: The Other Vampirella....X-plus WIP!

#21 Post by Glusniffer »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote: June 14th, 2023, 12:38 am .

Typical Kirk - it's all about the wiminz . . .

Took me a few minutes.... LOL! That's an old local nastalgia newspaper called the 'Nashville Retrospect'. Its a combo of old articles from the current local paper the 'Nashville Tennessean' and the long gone evening paper the' Nashville Banner'. One of my 1st jobs was throwing the Banner after school and delivering the Tennessean on Sunday mornings. The Banner was discontinued about 1981. The Retrospect came out around 2010 and again featured old articles from both dating back 200 years that particular article was when a local tv channel interupted Star Trek for a football game and the local nerds got pissed and bombarded the station with phone calls. The paper would include a wide variety of stuff like current movie listings, tv guide, fishing reports, almanac, political stuff and photos according to any given year. It was really cool and it was free! Sadly it was also discontinued a couple years back. :roll:
Jeff doesn't follow directions.
Jeff doesn't pay attention.
Jeff doesn't use time wisely,
Jeff doesn't play well with others......

Heavy Metal Spike
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#22 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Glusniffer wrote: June 15th, 2023, 1:27 amTook me a few minutes.... LOL! That's an old local nastalgia newspaper called the 'Nashville Retrospect'. Its a combo of old articles from the current local paper the 'Nashville Tennessean' and the long gone evening paper the' Nashville Banner'. One of my 1st jobs was throwing the Banner after school and delivering the Tennessean on Sunday mornings. The Banner was discontinued about 1981. The Retrospect came out around 2010 and again featured old articles from both dating back 200 years that particular article was when a local tv channel interupted Star Trek for a football game and the local nerds got pissed and bombarded the station with phone calls. The paper would include a wide variety of stuff like current movie listings, tv guide, fishing reports, almanac, political stuff and photos according to any given year. It was really cool and it was free! Sadly it was also discontinued a couple years back. :roll:

Note to self - Jeff has a garage full of old newspapers he was supposed to deliver :wink:

Seriously though - that's a great idea for publications - reprinting older articles that will be of interest to present day audiences (although god-forbid some of the articles mentioning ME ever get re-published :shock: ).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Glusniffer

#23 Post by Glusniffer »

Anyhoos... Friday night update. Petty much got my my skin tones down. Still need to do the arm band.I spent a lot of time on the torso then remembered the outfit and long hair will cover up parts that wont be seen. As cool as this kit is in regards to how well it goes together the shoulder joints need attention. And painting this one by hand is a challenge. Great kit! 8)

Heavy Metal Spike

#24 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Glusniffer wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:22 am Anyhoos... Friday night update. Petty much got my my skin tones down . . .

Great work on the flesh shading & blending! =D> :jam:

Glusniffer

#25 Post by Glusniffer »

Thanx! I'm very close to completing this awesome kit! I only have the face left to do which I'm dreading because its so small and my tired old eyes........... :?
But also coming into the final lap I sudenley got the inspo to use a different colored crayon. Seems to be working nice so far. :D

Glusniffer

#26 Post by Glusniffer »

Sorry. Progress has been delayed due to sciatic pain....... :crazyeyes: If anyone's ever had this its indescribable! :x

Heavy Metal Spike

#27 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Glusniffer wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 7:42 pmSorry. Progress has been delayed due to sciatic pain....... :crazyeyes: If anyone's ever had this its indescribable! :x

Sorry to hear this Jeff - hope this gets better soon bud.

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

#28 Post by tay666 »

Can't say that I have, but I am sorry you have it.
Get well soon.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Squidy53
Jack of all Trades

#29 Post by Squidy53 »

Glusniffer wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 7:42 pm Sorry. Progress has been delayed due to sciatic pain....... :crazyeyes: If anyone's ever had this its indescribable! :x
Had this briefly. How are you now?
Steve Walsh

Glusniffer

#30 Post by Glusniffer »

Squidy53 wrote: July 11th, 2023, 12:15 pm
Glusniffer wrote: July 3rd, 2023, 7:42 pm Sorry. Progress has been delayed due to sciatic pain....... :crazyeyes: If anyone's ever had this its indescribable! :x
Had this briefly. How are you now?
Hey friend. I'm doing great! Quick story. I returned to work on June 29 with a note from my chiropractor stipulating no lifting over 25 pounds until June 30th. I was called to the office on the 30th and told to take medical leave as my job involves lifting, bending, twisting etc. I have over a month of sick leave so I've been enjoying a 2 weeks paid vacation because my superiors are stupid and cant read! :twisted:

Ive been using the time off to get to things around my home but I plan to get back on this project soon.

Again thanx for asking. 8)

Squidy53
Jack of all Trades

#31 Post by Squidy53 »

:) Glad to hear you're better and have a chance to get on top of things. Take care around the house! Looking forward to seeing your progress on Vamp. All the best.
Steve Walsh