The smaller Möbius Spindrift

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

mjbare
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

The smaller Möbius Spindrift

#1 Post by mjbare »

Has anyone built the smaller Spindrift from Moebius? I'm trying to find out what size it is as compared to the Aurora and later reissues? It's listed as 1/125 whereas the Auroa is 1/64. I do get sizes confused. On an Amazon listing, the 1/125 is listed as being 8.75" long and 4.75" width. Is that true? The Aurora is approx 8" long and 6" width. Just trying to make sense of the 1/125 as compared to 1/64. Thanks
--------
"Tish! You spoke French! You know what that does to me!!!" Gomez Addams

KITS WANTED: Terry Reynold's The Purple Monster Strikes. Marvin the Paranoid Robot UK kit
Trekkriffic
Master of Masking

Re: The smaller Möbius Spindrift

#2 Post by Trekkriffic »

mjbare wrote: September 10th, 2023, 3:36 pm Has anyone built the smaller Spindrift from Moebius? I'm trying to find out what size it is as compared to the Aurora and later reissues? It's listed as 1/125 whereas the Auroa is 1/64. I do get sizes confused. On an Amazon listing, the 1/125 is listed as being 8.75" long and 4.75" width. Is that true? The Aurora is approx 8" long and 6" width. Just trying to make sense of the 1/125 as compared to 1/64. Thanks
I have built both Spindrift models and those measurements for the Moebius one are way off.
I’ll take some measurements for you later this morning. Here’s a pic of my little guy…

Spindrift on Stand by Steve J, on Flickr
mjbare
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

Re: The smaller Möbius Spindrift

#3 Post by mjbare »

Yeah, definitely wrong measurements.
--------
"Tish! You spoke French! You know what that does to me!!!" Gomez Addams

KITS WANTED: Terry Reynold's The Purple Monster Strikes. Marvin the Paranoid Robot UK kit