REVIEW OF THE SHOW

Post Kitbuilders Monstrous Weekend-related posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

cecily06

REVIEW OF THE SHOW

#1 Post by cecily06 »

Now comes the hard part, a review of the show. My name is Mike, and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I have been fortunate enough to have attended all of the Mad Model Parties, the three Imagination Expos, and just finished my sixth Wonderfest. I can say with some experience that Dan and Barbara did indeed make every effort to provide a top-notch show for fans and dealers alike. I was a represenitive of Dimensional Designs for Danny Sorraco, and although our sales were dismal, it was not the fault of the promoters. The accomodations were good, the dealer's room was big enough to handle the tables and people. I would have to say that the turn out was quite good. The problem seemed to be not enough modelers. One only had to look at the contest and see that model builders were not around. It seemed that every entry won an award because of the lack of participants. This was a shame, because everything was in place to be a great show. After reflection and reading other comments, the economic conditions have to take the blame for the lack of sales any dealers experienced. If there is to be a second Kitbuilders Show, it should be supported.
Mike
lugnut
Clubhouse Alumni

#2 Post by lugnut »

Mike, thanks for your take on the show and the pix :thumb2: .
-Bill Mayo
cecily06

#3 Post by cecily06 »

:D Thanks, Bill!

I felt it was a valiant effort by Kitbuilders, and all things being equal, would have been an excellent show for all involved. This economy is affecting everyone, and a model show is a luxury for most. But there were those that did support the show, and that is hope for the future. Things have to get better soon.

Mike