San Diego Comicon related posts here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

Winnipeg Comic Con

#1 Post by Tim Fortuna »

I attended the Winnipeg Comic Con on Halloween Saturday with my 10 year old Daughter Sidney and Wife. Sidney wanted to dress up as Harley Quinn for Hlwn so the Mrs made her a costume.
She also wanted to wear it to the WCCon and meet Adam West as he was there signing autographs. Sidney was excited about meeting Mr West and had been talking about it all week, but as soon as she saw him (before we reached the tables) she began to get shy. A security gaurd saw her and came up and told her that he was a friend of Adams and if she would like to meet him. She was a little hesitant but accompanied him to the signing table. Mr West was a perfect gentleman, and even though he was about to leave he still took a good five minutes to talk to her about her costume and being safe trick or treating.
I was really impressed by the security gaurds kindness and AW taking the extra time to make my daughter feel comfotable. A lot of people took the time to stop her and compliment her on her costume, it really made her day.
Unfortunately we were a little starstruck to take a picture but the memory will always be there. Now I'm off to send an email to Con people to thank the security member.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

hedorah59
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Winnipeg Comic Con

#2 Post by hedorah59 »

Very cool story, Thanks for sharing! And a GREAT looking costume as well!
Kirk

Self proclaimed King of the 'Nice work' comment...

SteeleFrog
Earl of Epoxy

#3 Post by SteeleFrog »

To heck with Adam West ....! Sidney GOT TO TOUCH the Batmobile !?!?!?! HOW COOL IS THAT ?!?!?!? Every time I've seen one they've been behind a gazillion ropes and glaring guards !!!! Way To Go Sydney !!!!
Do you know how to kill a circus? Go straight for the juggler.

http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii97 ... Amphibian/

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#4 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Thanks guys, you made Sidney's day by posting. And you actually get to sit in the BM for $20 and a picture.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

wackerman

#5 Post by wackerman »

Great Picture and Story.

She makes a great Harley Quinn...

AW will always be one of my favorite Batmans...

FromBeyond138
Duke of Dry Brush

#6 Post by FromBeyond138 »

WOW! :shock:

That is soooo cool! That was really nice of the guard & Mr. West to go out of their way to help Sidney feel more at ease. Thanks for sharing Tim!

Hey Sidney, it can be scary sometimes, I know! But Im so happy you got to meet THE Batman & got your pic with the Batmobile! Great costume too! :thumb2:
Baking the cookies of discontent,
By the heat of the Laundromat dryer vent.

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#7 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Thanks for the comments folks. And Sidney thanks you too. :D