Kitbuilders Weekend

Post Kitbuilders Monstrous Weekend-related posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

2BitSculptor
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#21 Post by 2BitSculptor »

All I know is... I really NEEDED to be there, and I had no excuse, being that I was already visiting family just a few minutes away.

I feel it was a shot in the arm.. it's been a few years since my last show and the energy and creativity at this show was enough to inspire and energize. It was great to see familiar faces, and new.

I talked with Barb a bit on Sunday, and I got mixed feelings about the show. She seemed both encouraged by the attendance and quality of dealer presentation, and also concerned that they might have bitten off more than anticipated. Although probably just worry induced, but there is at least the possibility that they might skip next year and do the show again in 2010. I hope they find more encouragment to be there next year.

It really does mean a lot to them, and it depends a great deal on us.

Chuck
It's not that I'm unfriendly... I'm just the quiet type.

So please.... don't take my lack of enthusiasm for disinterest.
jmdeary03
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

gee, dont get offended as i know the pinch,, economy sucks

#22 Post by jmdeary03 »

2BitSculptor wrote:All I know is... I really NEEDED to be there, and I had no excuse, being that I was already visiting family just a few minutes away.

I feel it was a shot in the arm.. it's been a few years since my last show and the energy and creativity at this show was enough to inspire and energize. It was great to see familiar faces, and new.

I talked with Barb a bit on Sunday, and I got mixed feelings about the show. She seemed both encouraged by the attendance and quality of dealer presentation, and also concerned that they might have bitten off more than anticipated. Although probably just worry induced, but there is at least the possibility that they might skip next year and do the show again in 2010. I hope they find more encouragment to be there next year.

It really does mean a lot to them, and it depends a great deal on us.

Chuck
didnt want to blast at anyone
[not my intentions

] but there were many that who couldve made it but FOR SOME REASON ??? did not come my best wishes for those who had valid reasons i know first hand the economy sucks no one has to tell me more about gas prices i spend about 1500 a month on just my vehicle not even my wifes just mine as i commute to work a hr and a half at least each way 5 days a week i too feel a big pinch but the crowd there was horror and comic buffs they made ?????? some of them too traveled a great distance there were 4 shows in pgh all 4 done really well toy collectibles and rare comics and rare zombie items all big dollar items yet they all done really well its just i do remembering seeing huge threads here about a kb show and i just think the turn out couldve been better from the kit guys we all know our personal lifestyles what we have going on things pop up etc if thats what happened no one can take anything away from that as this is still just a hobby,,,, know this im not attacking anyone really i know stuff happens as all im really out of was 275 for a table growing pains ,,, and out of alot much needed sleep lol thats all as i said i got to finally meet some really cool folks had fun to boot i was just exhausted the whole time booze didnt help lol my whole point is this not attacking anyone mind you ,,, that the comic guys and toy ,, horror guys made their apppearance are they untouched by all that is going on ???????/ the 4 shows in pgh successful for all involved it seems us guys on here and in this hobby sometimes talk big until its time to step up ,,, myself included ,, here we need to be mindful of that again im not attacking anyone personally just food for thought thats all i am lumped into this as well
klingon bastards,, klingon bastards killed my son,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

www.monstersfromthewoods.com
Gerry-Lynn
Glue Sniffer

#23 Post by Gerry-Lynn »

Hey John - I don't think you were attacking anybody - I like it when some one is to the point. Those that didn't make that could have... Missed a good time - As we know. I still think the show was great! I think Dan and Barbra have a strong show building from what I had seen and heard.

For the first show - Wow! Our Hat's are off to them for that - I told Dan that next show - We would be glad to help out anyway that we could. I'll be sending in a video show of it hitting the high lights - I think Bill Hinzmen (spelling???)was the life of the show! I hope he come back!

Gerry-Lynn and Sherry

PS - It was great meeting you and your wife in person... And many more!
lugnut
Clubhouse Alumni

Re: gee, dont get offended as i know the pinch,, economy suc

#24 Post by lugnut »

jmdeary03 wrote:
...but there were many that who couldve made it but FOR SOME REASON ??? did not come my best wishes
for those who had valid reasons i know first hand the economy sucks no one has to tell me more about gas prices
John, I hear ya but like you said, it was a fine first show and whatever your priorities, loyalties, etc, etc....let's all support the hobby.
If you made it you made it, if you didn't that's cool too. I couldn't and I missed out. My budget just couldn't handle it.

I love this hobby and I'm blessed to count friends on various boards, mags, dealers, sculptors, painters....man, it's ALL good.

We are lucky to have this wonderful hobby. Thanks Dan and Barb for a great show. See ya in Louisville! :D
-Bill Mayo
Sputnik Supplies
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#25 Post by Sputnik Supplies »

Dan and Barb did a fine job. As Robb mentioned above putting on a show is a major headache and an even bigger gamble. Hats off to all who attended either attendee or dealer or special guest. A lot of folks worked very hard to put that show together and and it showed. It was well planned and well set up.

As dealers go I do not believe any of us thought we where going to rock the world on the first show. The greatest thing about it was the people. I had a ton of compliments on my work and met a bunch of fun people. I also got to meet some folks form the garage kitt industry I had never had a chance to meet. Others who I hold as dear friends and companions where there and made it worth while.

Would I attend agian? Yes! Barb and Dan agian did a fine job and they learned a lot no doubt.

Hats off and a round of applause for all!!

Paul
centaur1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#26 Post by centaur1 »

ultratumba productions wrote:Dan and Barb did a fine job. As Robb mentioned above putting on a show is a major headache and an even bigger gamble. Hats off to all who attended either attendee or dealer or special guest. A lot of folks worked very hard to put that show together and and it showed. It was well planned and well set up.

As dealers go I do not believe any of us thought we where going to rock the world on the first show. The greatest thing about it was the people. I had a ton of compliments on my work and met a bunch of fun people. I also got to meet some folks form the garage kitt industry I had never had a chance to meet. Others who I hold as dear friends and companions where there and made it worth while.

Would I attend agian? Yes! Barb and Dan agian did a fine job and they learned a lot no doubt.

Hats off and a round of applause for all!!

Paul
Agree on all points. :!:
btbrush
Master of Masking

Re: Kitbuilders Weekend

#27 Post by btbrush »

Hi all,
I've kinda been out of the loop since Dan and Barb bought Kitbuilder and moved to the left coast. Bad move for us Midwesterners. Where is and when is the next show?
Back to sniffin' glue.
Bruce
jmdeary03
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#28 Post by jmdeary03 »

btbrush wrote:Hi all,
I've kinda been out of the loop since Dan and Barb bought Kitbuilder and moved to the left coast. Bad move for us Midwesterners. Where is and when is the next show?
Back to sniffin' glue.
Bruce

there will proably be a next show as they did not have the support of the model kit community save a few,,,,,,

they are in illo noise in the midwest

Gerry-Lynn
Glue Sniffer

#29 Post by Gerry-Lynn »

That sad - My wife and I really enjoyed it - Was hoping it would grow. Being around Halloween time I thought would have had a better turn out of the modelers - I was surprised. I know Dan and Barb put a lot into it. I got to meet some people here in person which was great, too. May be they'll rethink it later???

Gerry-Lynn
jmdeary03
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#30 Post by jmdeary03 »

Gerry-Lynn wrote:That sad - My wife and I really enjoyed it - Was hoping it would grow. Being around Halloween time I thought would have had a better turn out of the modelers - I was surprised. I know Dan and Barb put a lot into it. I got to meet some people here in person which was great, too. May be they'll rethink it later???

Gerry-Lynn
THEY may but not in a very long time unless that changes????????

Gerry-Lynn
Glue Sniffer

#31 Post by Gerry-Lynn »

Can always hope John - I'll be sending a PM to you soon on your New Vampira.

Gerry-Lynn
btbrush
Master of Masking

#32 Post by btbrush »

Can anyone tell me when, where and if the next Kitbuilder show will be? I've been out of the show scene for quite a few years and would love to attend if I can. Thanks
Bruce
centaur1
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#33 Post by centaur1 »

Fingers crossed for the second KB show. I know I'll be there and will rent a dealer table if the show happens.
btbrush
Master of Masking

#34 Post by btbrush »

I hope it will continue. It's like the only show some of us have in the Midwest. The shows in Chitown were awesome. Much fun. Last one with the goths was a bit strange but it was worth it to see Flintstone get whipped. Thought it was a bad deal to move it to the left cost, glad they moved back. If anyone hears a rumble, please email me at brucethebrush@netzero.com.
Bruce
Avall15
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#35 Post by Avall15 »

btbrush wrote:it was worth it to see Flintstone get whipped.
?
Bubba
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#36 Post by Bubba »

Avall15 wrote:
btbrush wrote:it was worth it to see Flintstone get whipped.
?
You had to be there. I enjoyed the cattle prod much more though... :twisted:

KB shows never went out to the left coast, they just went on "hiatus" after the book was sold (again), and came back to life in St. Louis...

Whether there will be anymore (as we knew them then) is still up in the air...
"Why does it smell like the dog's tongue in here?"
btbrush
Master of Masking

#37 Post by btbrush »

Sorry for those who weren't there. Jimmy Flinstone was tied and whipped by a Dominatrix. Classic!!
If anyone hears of a next show, please email me at: brucethebrush@netzero.com or any other show near Iowa. St. Louis is very doable. Just want to get together with people and talk models and figures. Iowa is like the black hole of the hobby. Help.
Bruce