Kitbuilders Monstrous Weekend 2008! Who wants a show?

Post Kitbuilders Monstrous Weekend-related posts here.

Moderator: Moderators

pugknows
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#101 Post by pugknows »

Hey Dan and Barb
At least in the job I have now, I won't be able to make the show but get me some info, pics and such and I'll get you up on Youtube to help promote the show.
Rob
Monster Model Review
http://youtube.com/profile?user=monstermodelreview

Say Hi to the brothers for me.
cecily06

#102 Post by cecily06 »

Dan and Barbara,
I know you talked about it before you moved, and I am glad to see that you are going to do it. Let me know if you need some help spreading info back here in the S.F. Bay area. I'd be glad to help.

Mike
Kitbuilders Magazine
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#103 Post by Kitbuilders Magazine »

Really the help we will need is just that. We'll send flyers to the four winds if people are willing to post them at their local haunts. Most shows have a pour showing because lack of advertising. If people don't know they can't come. We are working with local radio stations and TV stations to broadcast at the show. The Haunted house is also working out as planned and now we have two bands!
Check them out:
http://www.dennisdunawayproject.com/
http://www.ghoultown.com/home.htm

We have a room, (big room) set aside for the displays and 1-1 stuff. Oh by the way we are using a 18 wheeler to bring the Causey-Dullam collection so if you ever wanted to see this stuff up close, it'll all be here!
I really appreciate all the support, the city is opening it's doors so let's show them how cool this stuff can be!
Dan and Barb Jorgensen
"It's Your Hobby, Keep It Fun"
Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#104 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Kitbuilders Magazine wrote:.... we are using a 18 wheeler to bring the Causey-Dullam collection so if you ever wanted to see this stuff up close, it'll all be here! ....
Great news! - that's about as close as I'll get to Pam Anderson for a while (she's so fickle!) :wink:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image
Bubba
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#105 Post by Bubba »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:
Kitbuilders Magazine wrote:.... we are using a 18 wheeler to bring the Causey-Dullam collection so if you ever wanted to see this stuff up close, it'll all be here! ....
Great news! - that's about as close as I'll get to Pam Anderson for a while (she's so fickle!) :wink:

Yeah, ever since the restraining order!!! :P
"Why does it smell like the dog's tongue in here?"
Heavy Metal Spike

#106 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Bubba wrote:
Heavy Metal Spike wrote:

Yeah, ever since the restraining order!!! :P

Yeah - THAT was put in place about 3 months ago - but she STILL keeps trying to sneak inside the curfew zone. Between her and Angelina Jolie they make my life HELL! :shock: #-o :wink:

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#107 Post by raydrz »

touche...good one, ian!
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/
Heavy Metal Spike

#108 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

raydrz wrote:touche...good one, ian!
:D 8) :wink:

Slider70

#109 Post by Slider70 »

Kitbuilders Magazine wrote:From what I can tell from this hobby is that there are new kits coming out every month. I remember when there were 5-7 shows per year and always new kits on the tables. I don't think a show as established as WF or the new one we're generating could become "watered down" unless people just loose interest in the hobby, and this hobby in my opinion is way to big and to cool to loose interest in. There might be people who decide not to go for many reasons to include financial ones but I would love more than one show dedicated to something as cool as Garage Kits.
Ahhh the good o'l days, I just wish someone would get somethin going on the West Coast here. The last GK show I went too, was MMP back in 97 in the day. Hopefully we'll get lucky again over here but good luck with the show out there guys. :thumb:
wolfman of bolton
Clubhouse Alumni

#110 Post by wolfman of bolton »

Ahhh the good o'l days, I just wish someone would get somethin going on the West Coast here. The last
this has allways puzzled me, if folks can attend the shows, travelling from Germany, England, and Japan (and other continents), why is it so difficult to travel within your own country?.

I can understand people who say they cant travel due to work or familly commitments, along with other reasons, but location of event as a factor, in attending a show, is a little baffling to me.
I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman
Slider70

#111 Post by Slider70 »

wolfman of bolton wrote:
Ahhh the good o'l days, I just wish someone would get somethin going on the West Coast here. The last
this has allways puzzled me, if folks can attend the shows, travelling from Germany, England, and Japan (and other continents), why is it so difficult to travel within your own country?.

I can understand people who say they cant travel due to work or familly commitments, along with other reasons, but location of event as a factor, in attending a show, is a little baffling to me.
No need to be baffled I would rather spend my money on another kit then pay a huge cost for plane tickets and room accommodations. Thank you anyways for your wonderfull insite. You should be baffled by why the L.A, Area West Coast cant have there own show, shoot its right in the heart of movie world, who knows :refexion:
Bubba
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#112 Post by Bubba »

Slider70 wrote: You should be baffled by why the L.A, Area West Coast cant have there own show, shoot its right in the heart of movie world, who knows :refexion:
That particular location is a double-edged sword... While you are correct that being in the heart of movie-land could be beneficial, it could also attract unwanted attention from license holders, who are much more aware now of our little hobby thanks to the popularity of pre-paints and other film related collectibles, than they were back when MMP was still going strong...

Not only that, but having a show more centrally located evens out the expense for modelers and other attendees from all across the country, and the cost of food, lodging, and other incidentals is generally less costly than either coast... Just a thought...
"Why does it smell like the dog's tongue in here?"
Kitbuilders Magazine
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#113 Post by Kitbuilders Magazine »

Actually, that is pretty much on the money. Besides it would be hard pressed to attract a crowd to a show when you have the San Diego CC to contend with. That show is monstrous and it is drawing a larger Hollywood appeal with it. Not only that but the costs associated with a show out there is astronimical compared to the mid-west. It was an easy assessment, place a show in the middle that everyone can come to on an equal basis, equal driving-flying times and then pick an accessible location. We pull this off then we'll have two shows spread out for the year in which to celebrate this ever growing hobby.
Dan and Barb Jorgensen
Slider70

#114 Post by Slider70 »

Kitbuilders Magazine wrote:Actually, that is pretty much on the money. Besides it would be hard pressed to attract a crowd to a show when you have the San Diego CC to contend with. That show is monstrous and it is drawing a larger Hollywood appeal with it. Not only that but the costs associated with a show out there is astronimical compared to the mid-west. It was an easy assessment, place a show in the middle that everyone can come to on an equal basis, equal driving-flying times and then pick an accessible location. We pull this off then we'll have two shows spread out for the year in which to celebrate this ever growing hobby.

So, was that the demise of MMP? I do wish ya folks the best and hope to see many pics from the event. I will hold out hope for something here in Souther Cal. As for Sandeigo Comi Con. I will be there too. ;)
jayco35
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#115 Post by jayco35 »

there were 3 imagination shows after mmp and it couldn't get support from the west coast as far as attendees and producers thats why shows don't make it there.
Lonnie James
CH Supporter / Registered Seller
CH Supporter / Registered Seller

#116 Post by Lonnie James »

I was at the first Imagination Expo, and I was sad when it folded. I tried to do my part! I thought Vegas was a great location for a show. the kitbuilders show shoud be supercool!

Always buy more kits!
Lonnie James
I'm not a hard working guy, I'm a genius!

Visit my Website!

https://lj4429.wixsite.com/monstermodelmadness
Kitbuilders Magazine
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#117 Post by Kitbuilders Magazine »

That was the past. Good memories and all. Let's look to the future. I know the economy is not looking so good but that never stopped me from having a good time. Just had to watch the wallet a little closer. That being said plans have been moving right along and the dealers information will be posted hopefully this weekend. I know I said that before but we are close to a final now so hang tight.
Thanks for the support!
Dan and Barb Jorgensen
saulcuba66
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#118 Post by saulcuba66 »

John, Lonnie...i agree, i went to the last Imagination and it was a blast, one of the best times i had but from what i hear, the west coast wasn't supportive in the show for some reason. i remember loads of east coast guys there. thats why we need to support these shows. i hear all year long that everyone wishes there was another kit show to go to, well here it is!
With Wonderfest and now the Kitbuilders show everyone would have there wish, but it NEEDS support. for me it's not just about buying kits its also about meeting and hanging out with other people that have the same interest as you do in this hobby.....remember we are like one BIG family here in the Clubhouse, imagine when we get together....its one BIG party.

Saul
http://www.picturetrail.com/saul62

“A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.”
Bruce Lee

http://www.jerseyfestfair.com
Jerseyfest 2015
razorwyre1
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten

#119 Post by razorwyre1 »

ShaneM wrote:Doing it right before Halloween counts me out. Both as a dealer/producer and or as a fan. I have firm commtiments that take my time that time of year. Same reason I don't attend the Halloween Chiller anymore. Best of luck with this.
im in the same boat as shane. if you'd push it to early november it would be another story.
personally i think it would be ideal if you aimed directly between wf and the fall chiller (which would be mid august if my quackulations are correct).
FilmMkr
Registered Seller
Registered Seller

#120 Post by FilmMkr »

personally i think it would be ideal if you aimed directly between wf and the fall chiller
Its not that simple - there is much more to producing and promoting a show than just picking a date.

For example, take venue availability. What other events knock you off of your preferred dates? Then consider your access to the venue for the entire length of time needed for the show. Take into account the time necessary for load-in, setup, the event itself, and strike (sometimes if you need four days, only three are available, so you have to pick a different date), logistics clashes with other conferences at the venue, hotel room availability, holidays, etc., etc. You can't please every single person, so you do the best you can for the largest number of attendees that you can project.