What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Thoughts on Round 2 and the Star Wars licence?

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

Thoughts on Round 2 and the Star Wars licence?

#1 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

Any thoughts on Round 2 picking up the US market licence for Star Wars? As much as I'd like to see new product I fear we won't see the same scale or quality of kits we have seen with Bandai in the last few years. I hope Round 2 is planning to work with Bandai to rebox some of those for the US market. I just don't see Round 2 cranking out the same quality of kits for us here on their own even with an influx of cash from their new capital investment partners. I'd hate to see all these great Bandai kits dry up in the US market.

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Thoughts on Round 2 and the Star Wars licence?

#2 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Nothing more than MPC repops that all over ebay...
They don't sell well dead stock etc.. Round 2 , is not as important as they once were.
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#3 Post by tay666 »

Nope. They have already announced that they are going to be making brand new kits.

"May the 4th be with you! We aren't quite ready to unleash our schedule of Star Wars model kit releases, but we found it serendipitous that we received the first 3D review file for our first all-new Star Wars model kit on this special day. And it looks AMAZING! We just wish we could share it with you...
But don't turn to the Dark Side yet. If all goes as planned we will be able to reveal it at the annual WonderFest USA the first weekend in June. We aren't sure what to expect at this year's show, But you can expect some big announcements from Round 2 models!"
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#4 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

I will be very interested in seeing what they come up with. If it's even close to approaching the quality of the Bandai kits I will be pleasantly surprised and will support it.