What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Naboo Royal Yacht

HARDWARE MODELING! With a focus on Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Concept Vehicle and Hardware subjects, including props, robots and automata

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Naboo Royal Yacht

#1 Post by kevtk135 »

Yet another oldie but goodie from Fantastic Plastic' retired line. This is the 1:288 scale Naboo Royal Yacht. It was seen in Ep. 2, when Padme and Anakin went to Tatooine to find Anakin's mother. They then used it to get to Geonosis for the failed attempt to rescue Obi Wan.

I picked this one out as I wanted to give the Rust-oleum Chrome paint another go... Only a few parts on this one so it was a super quick build. Once again from sitting in the box for a decade one of the side fins and the ship's top fin had a little warp in it. But what was weird was that as soon as I put each part in the super hot water it straightened out on it's own! (insert eerie music) ;)

Once again FP gives you the option for either gear up or down. As I did the last one up, I decided that since this one is a small light model, that I would give gear down a try. With that, the parts that gave me pause was that both sides of each gear bay door was together. So careful cutting was needed to separate then evenly. A score mark made it rather easy.

Next was to put on the fiddly rear ramp. I just super glued it to the rear opening and then let it droop to the table. This was the easiest way to make sure it touched the ground. A little side to side straightening, and it was attached.

This time I just gave the crafty a spray of the Rust-oleum, and the shine was very good. I think I will pick up some on the metal polish to see what that does to the paint. I primed the base and gave it a shot of V's Engine Exhaust metallic paint.

Next was some paint paint for the windows, and I also added some black in the back of the craft so it gave the illusion that there was something more once up the ramp. Thanks for looking.

Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

motherhen
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Re: Naboo Royal Yacht

#2 Post by motherhen »

Nice clean build.

The photos at various steps are always appreciated here.
It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death.

I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Rocketeer
Squire of the Sprue

#3 Post by Rocketeer »

Nice model. I think using metal polish is just going to rub through the paint.

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by kevtk135 »

Thanks, guys!
Rocketeer: hmm maybe on spray the paint, and try a buff on something inconsequential as a test first. Thanks.
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

griffin
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#5 Post by griffin »

I did a figure of the Mandalorian and used Testors Chrome Silver Enamel. It wa airbrushed and turned out super shiny Beskar. I used glossy Tamiya black for a base. Only downside is it took about three or four days to harden where I could handle him.

Big Daddy Dave H
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Seam Filler

#6 Post by Big Daddy Dave H »

Nice build!

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush