What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Any news on the Monarch Models 'Fly' kit?

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Anton Phibes
Seam Filler

Re: Any news on the Monarch Models 'Fly' kit?

#21 Post by Anton Phibes »

Thanks for all that. Odd about the box not being the same format as Gorgo, Ghost, Nosferatu, etc....but its not a deal breaker or anything. I understand it perfectly if it was a cost cutting measure of some sort given the current fluctuating prices of things. Years ago, Scott hooked me up with one of these boxes, so I could always take the parts and do a....transport. :rolf:

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

#22 Post by Aurora 484 »

I wonder why they'd put four OOP kits on the box?

Anton Phibes
Seam Filler

#23 Post by Anton Phibes »

Aurora 484 wrote:I wonder why they'd put four OOP kits on the box?
Was Konga even released yet? Nosferatu is currently getting a 100 years anniversary edition of the kit re-release. I also think glow in the dark versions of Ghost of Castlemare are still available at retail sale.

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

#24 Post by Aurora 484 »

Anton Phibes wrote:
Aurora 484 wrote:I wonder why they'd put four OOP kits on the box?
Was Konga even released yet? Nosferatu is currently getting a 100 years anniversary edition of the kit re-release. I also think glow in the dark versions of Ghost of Castlemare are still available at retail sale.
I don't think that Konga has been released yet.

The 100th Anniversary kit is being sold on eBay by Monarch but was it ever sold in stores? Whatever - Monarch lists it as "retired".

As far as the other kits - there may still be some old store stock here and there but I don't believe that any are actively available.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#25 Post by Todd P. »

Konga's a long way out. I don't speak for Monarch, but I do know that the Moon Suit is in front of it. I won't even start thinking about looking for Konga until 2024.

As for the hundredth anniversary kit, I didn't know Scott had started easing that onto the market. He can be impulsive at times.

Anton Phibes
Seam Filler

#26 Post by Anton Phibes »

Even if most the kits on the back of the box were all sold out (just for the sake of argument), maybe he put them there to let the average joe know he is indeed the same Monarch that shuttered a few years ago, and is now back in action? Who can say? I am just glad I finally have a Fly to put in my box,lol.

Anton Phibes
Seam Filler

#27 Post by Anton Phibes »

If you have a Fly box from 2011, and plan to put the new Fly kit in it, it will require taking the parts from their baggies and cutting sprue trees. Then they will fit.

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#28 Post by spock »

Just got these for posting in the Gallery by Andrew Walpole. Return of the Fly conversion kit from http://www.escapehatchhobbies.com/index.htm That's amazing painting.

The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

Ken Kwil
Jack of all Trades

#29 Post by Ken Kwil »

Picked up the Monarch Fly kit. It in the stores now. Really nice kit. Looks very much like an old Aurora style kits of the 60’s. Absolutely love it. When you get it, build it the way you want. Aftermarket stuff for this is out there already. Since this is the first time building this kit for me, it will be built straight out of box. No changes. I really like the details to all the small extras on this kit.