What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Moebius Models - These are great!

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

westbatman
Jack of all Trades

Moebius Models - These are great!

#1 Post by westbatman »

I just wanted to give a big shout out and all around pat on the back to Frank at Moebius models.

Like a lot of you, I have been building plastic model kits since I was about 7 or 8 and we all remember the smell of the plastic, glue, paint and the scraping of the knife blade against the seams to try and smooth them out. With Moebius Models you get to relive all that except for the scraping of the knife blade sound.

I have some of the recent releases by Moebius, Batman, Catwoman, Frank and his Bride, and just recently Herman and Grandpa Munster.

I am building Herman and Grandpa for my brother as a gift. Was hoping a Christmas or Birthday gift but that's probably not going to happen as his Birthday is the day after Christmas. Anyway, I opened up Herman last night and this kit is an engineering dream! I don't think there is an old-fashioned flat seam with tiny pins as in the old styrene models, no sir! These are overlapping seams where the glue can be sparingly applied along the inside and in the holes of the locating pins so when you clamp the pieces together the seams almost disappear and no glue oozes out. What's even better is the seams on the clothing all fall along the seam of the actual garment, simply genius! If the model seam is visible it's minimal and that's ok as it is either along the pant seam, shirt seam, etc ...

The likeness to Fred Gwynne is fantastic, as well it should be because it was sculpted by none other than Jeff Yagher. Sometimes the likeness gets lost in styrene kits but not here, I'm giddy! I can't wait until Grandpa arrives.

If you haven't built a styrene model since you were a kid, get one of these and turn back the clock.

Thanks Frank, here's hoping Lily and Eddie will follow.