What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Original Aurora Man from U.N.C.L.E. Kits

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

RossAWaddell
Seam Filler

Re: Original Aurora Man from U.N.C.L.E. Kits

#21 Post by RossAWaddell »

Roy Kirchoff wrote:Great work! I love seeing these old kits done up right.
Thanks heaps, Roy.

Roy Kirchoff
Seam Filler

#22 Post by Roy Kirchoff »

RossAWaddell wrote:
Roy Kirchoff wrote:Great work! I love seeing these old kits done up right.
Thanks heaps, Roy.
:like
Talk minus action equals zero.

brucebishoputah
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#23 Post by brucebishoputah »

I loved all the TV/Movie tie-ins I could find back in the 60's, and now I'm stuck with the teenage version of the painting I did on them back then. Wish mine looked as great as yours do!

RossAWaddell
Seam Filler

#24 Post by RossAWaddell »

brucebishoputah wrote:I loved all the TV/Movie tie-ins I could find back in the 60's, and now I'm stuck with the teenage version of the painting I did on them back then. Wish mine looked as great as yours do!
Thanks! But at least you have them - all my kits from back then were lost or sold. I’ve had to buy new ones now that I’m an adult.
Last edited by RossAWaddell on April 20th, 2021, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brucebishoputah
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#25 Post by brucebishoputah »

When I started model kits again in the 1990's I somehow expected all the kits I loved to be on shelves and available to purchase. WAS I SURPRISED! A handful of old reissued kits on shelves. Then I discovered garage kits and mail order catalogs and I got all kinds of things. Old kits I never knew existed, old kits I didn't care about when I was young, old characters in new to me mediums like resin and vinyl. Lots of things! I love it, even though I couldn't get everything I wanted. Even if I could, I couldn't store them all. I did get a LOT though. Stored above the cars on some 4x8 foot shelves in the garage and about a quarter or a third of the basement. And about another third of the basement with built kits, action figures, toys and statues on display.

But I love them all. They are part of my life and stored in my memories. I look at my hobby stuff and get a great feeling, I lose track of time and just enjoy feeling good that I had these great memories, and a physical manifestation of them to remind me. Much better than pictures!

RossAWaddell
Seam Filler

#26 Post by RossAWaddell »

brucebishoputah wrote:When I started model kits again in the 1990's I somehow expected all the kits I loved to be on shelves and available to purchase. WAS I SURPRISED! A handful of old reissued kits on shelves. Then I discovered garage kits and mail order catalogs and I got all kinds of things. Old kits I never knew existed, old kits I didn't care about when I was young, old characters in new to me mediums like resin and vinyl. Lots of things! I love it, even though I couldn't get everything I wanted. Even if I could, I couldn't store them all. I did get a LOT though. Stored above the cars on some 4x8 foot shelves in the garage and about a quarter or a third of the basement. And about another third of the basement with built kits, action figures, toys and statues on display.

But I love them all. They are part of my life and stored in my memories. I look at my hobby stuff and get a great feeling, I lose track of time and just enjoy feeling good that I had these great memories, and a physical manifestation of them to remind me. Much better than pictures!
You sound like me!