What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Aurora 1966 Mad Barber

Show off your work or ask a question about current or classic hobby model kits! Any subject as long as it's rendered in injection molded styrene--this is the place to be!

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

Aurora 1966 Mad Barber

#1 Post by Aurora 484 »

On the heels of the sealed 1964 Aurora Jekyll/Hyde kit below, I'm surprised that no one has brought up the built up Aurora 1966 Mad Barber kit that also sold yesterday.

It was built; no paint; no box; no instructions; had at least one broken piece, and had one replacement part. It went for a whopping $2,405.00. The seller was Jim Crane. Some of you Aurora collectors probably know that name.

Suffice to say that there is still a healthy market for the right Aurora kits...

WOLFMAN66
Resin Slayer

Re: Aurora 1966 Mad Barber

#2 Post by WOLFMAN66 »

Aurora 484 wrote:On the heels of the sealed 1964 Aurora Jekyll/Hyde kit below, I'm surprised that no one has brought up the built up Aurora 1966 Mad Barber kit that also sold yesterday.

It was built; no paint; no box; no instructions; had at least one broken piece, and had one replacement part. It went for a whopping $2,405.00. The seller was Jim Crane. Some of you Aurora collectors probably know that name.

Suffice to say that there is still a healthy market for the right Aurora kits...
Yes saw that listing and think Jim is on one of the Facebook Aurora groups.I have the resin copy of the mad dentist.But really hoping for some strange miracle Atlantis some how can reissue at least one or all three in the series.
Travelers to unknown regions would be well-advised to take along the family dog. He could just save you from entering the wrong gate.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Kaijumodelkit/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MonarchModelGroup/

Aurora 484
Glue Sniffer

Re: Aurora 1966 Mad Barber

#3 Post by Aurora 484 »

I wonder whether the molds are still around for any or all of these three?