What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Predator 5 : PREY (Summer 2022 on HULU) === Minor spoilers

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Predator 5 : PREY (Summer 2022 on HULU) === Minor spoile

#61 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Todd P. wrote:Well, they're not the worst movies you'll ever see. But there's little about either of them that's much fun. Requiem was particularly bad.
I've grown to appreciate AVP - especially the extended version. It was the alien gestation period that threw me when I watched it on release, but I've become more accepting of that now I am older and the years have allowed the franchise/universe to be fleshed out. The script & acting were fine, and the Alien queen design (more stylish & agile) was superb. Some really nice set pieces in there too.

But AVP-R . . . geez :roll: I remember a YouTube upload that combined all of Wolf's scenes (and nothing else) and drastically enhanced the brightness - the ONLY version worth watching (YMMV). Several bits were filmed 8mins from where I live - I was on set over a 3-night period, but I generally don't like to own up to it! (so don't tell anyone - K?) :oops:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#62 Post by Todd P. »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:Several bits were filmed 8mins from where I live ...
For me, THIS is the best part of Requiem. Why? Because I used to live in western Colorado and I passed through Gunnison many times. It's a brown, gray, overall dull and quite small place. Seeing how it was represented in the movie, and then (SPOILER) watching it be nuked were hilarious to me.

For fairness' sake, I'll note that you don't have to travel far from Gunnison to reach some beautiful country. Plus, the college campus in town seemed nice and was right next to the site of a playground my children enjoyed visiting when we happened to be in the area.

Heavy Metal Spike

#63 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Todd P. wrote:
Heavy Metal Spike wrote:Several bits were filmed 8mins from where I live ...
For me, THIS is the best part of Requiem. Why? Because I used to live in western Colorado and I passed through Gunnison many times. It's a brown, gray, overall dull and quite small place. Seeing how it was represented in the movie, and then (SPOILER) watching it be nuked were hilarious to me.

For fairness' sake, I'll note that you don't have to travel far from Gunnison to reach some beautiful country. Plus, the college campus in town seemed nice and was right next to the site of a playground my children enjoyed visiting when we happened to be in the area.

I actually didn't realise that "Gunnison" was a real place (sorry bud! :oops: )

If you note my location - I'm (usually but not 100% of the time - depending on assignments) in Western Canada :arrow: Port Moody, British Columbia to be exact (a wee bit more scenic that the town you describe :) ). THAT (along with the rest of BC) is where the movie was filmed.

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#64 Post by tay666 »

Tim Fortuna wrote:Watched Pred 2 last night for the heck of it. Looks a little dated now but still a fun romp.
What a coincidence, I saw it yesterday as well.
Also saw the first one, as well as Alien and Aliens.
It was a good day to be flipping channels on TV.

I used to think that Preditor was superior to Predator 2, but anymore, I much prefer the 2nd one.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

speed-1
Finger Painter

#65 Post by speed-1 »

Todd P. wrote:And boy, Maria Conchita Alonso was pretty close to awful.
Heavy Metal Spike wrote: For me,the worst bit of acting (editing?) in the movie is the bit towards the start where MCA delivers her line about the motorcycle cops they are trying to rescue
You guys are rough. Maria Conchita Alonso was one of those cool 80s girls. Predator 2 and Running Man are my Maria Conchita Alonso double feature movies.

It's a stereotype but every pretty Mexican, Cuban, South American type girl I met, I would always call Conchita.
Heavy Metal Spike wrote: I've heard the same about Teri Weigel - I mean - this is the only movie I've seen her in (honest!) - but she apparently still knows how to party.
That's funny. I had to do some research on her a while back. Perhaps it was because the artist Carpenter Brut showed clips of her in this music video (this is the edited version). I still need to see this Cheerleader movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XadIrDysFIk

She has that 80s attractiveness when she was in Playboy. Her performance in Predator 2 is actually better than the other "videos" I've seen with her. It was just research, the videos were posted with her Playboy (and other) pictures on another forum. Sadly I didn't have to do much searching.

Heavy Metal Spike

#66 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

speed-1 wrote: . . . You guys are rough. Maria Conchita Alonso was one of those cool 80s girls. Predator 2 and Running Man are my Maria Conchita Alonso double feature movies . . .
Just the 1 line I mentioned is dodgy bud - just the 1 line :)

She's great in the rest of the movie, AND in "Running Man". Beautiful lady too.

Don't think I've seen anything else she was in (mostly TV stuff).

speed-1
Finger Painter

#67 Post by speed-1 »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:
speed-1 wrote: . . . You guys are rough. Maria Conchita Alonso was one of those cool 80s girls. Predator 2 and Running Man are my Maria Conchita Alonso double feature movies . . .
Just the 1 line I mentioned is dodgy bud - just the 1 line :)

She's great in the rest of the movie, AND in "Running Man". Beautiful lady too.

Don't think I've seen anything else she was in (mostly TV stuff).

That's better. 1 out of 2 is ok.

I think her notable roles, at least to me were Predator 2 and Running Man. She was popular in other roles but I can't remember them or didn't see them. I vaguely remember seeing her on some talk shows back then.

New York Comic Con is next week. I keep hoping for good Predator 2 and Running Man posters. Perhaps some will show up along with a few Prey posters. Bottleneck Gallery is having an anniversary event so I imagine that they will want a good showing.

Perhaps Naru statues will show up from some company too.

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#68 Post by Todd P. »

First thing I saw Maria Conchita Alonso in was Moscow on the Hudson. And in that, she was pretty decent.

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#69 Post by derekc62 »

Todd P. wrote:First thing I saw Maria Conchita Alonso in was Moscow on the Hudson. And in that, she was pretty decent.
Film is a collaborative medium and if you don't have the right collaborators (director, writer(s), actors, etc.) you can end up with a mess...
Derek Conlon

Heavy Metal Spike

#70 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Well, along with a number of 3D prints / STL files that are coming available, we have a Narin piece "well underway" :wink: , and this WIP from NECA . . .

Nice to see something different from the franchise :)

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#71 Post by Buc Wheat »

yeah, btwn this new Predator and 'Stranger Things' Vecna, the
3D boys have gone wild! :)

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#72 Post by derekc62 »

Marco Art out of Hong Kong has produced two terrific sculpts based on this film.

Derek Conlon

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#73 Post by Buc Wheat »

There's also one that looks just like the Marco piece, from 3DWicked...
http://www.bucwheat.com/sl/pred/p374.jpg

Heavy Metal Spike

#74 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I watched this in absolute awe . . . because I would not be able to figure out what size strips/lumps of clay to put where, let-alone how to adjust/play with them to get them to look right - ANYONE with these sorts of abilities makes my jaw drop in admiration.

A lot of artistic appreciation just cannot be explained, so when I say this is not quite at Narin levels, that's likely due to individual preference and bias.

However - a stunning amount of talent - and he makes it look so easy! Image

Dr. Garuda on YouTube - Sculpting Predator "PREY" (timelapse sculpt & paint) :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6JZeJPzeqg Image