What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

GAME OF THRONES Concert Experience - my review

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Crazy Joe
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

GAME OF THRONES Concert Experience - my review

#1 Post by Crazy Joe »

I had the ABSOLUTE PLEASURE of attending this show last Thursday - here's my review -

Mr.Djwadi's tour was highly anticipated by me, being a huge fan of his score for my very favorite TV series - EVER - and I was not disappointed in THE LEAST - Upon entering the arena for the show, the initial impression is of impeccable production standards, with the stage, the display boards and columns suspended from the arena roof. The show started on time, with a display on all boards of a "Westerosi style" counting down the start - excellent touch - A voiceover by someone who could be interpreted as Circe Lannister announced the show, and the performance begins with, of course, the now-ubiquitous "Main Title". Mr. Djwadi then warmly greets the crowd, introduces his soloists, and to my surprise, announces his supporting orchestra as our very own Charlotte Symphony! He then conducts a piece of music introducing the main "Noble Houses" of Westeros with their accompanying motifs, the banners complete with sig and motto unfurling from the roof as the motif plays. The audience enthusiastically responded to each motif, with cheers for House Stark, Tyrion, and Danerys, and lusty boos for House Lannister and Bolton. He then leads the performance into set pieces of music directly from the series, with the accompanying scene vividly displayed in ultra-high definition on the screens, from a piece called "I Paid the Iron Price", chronicling Theon Greyjoy's tragic journey, to "Rains of Castamere", featuring an awesome vocal from a featured soprano, who's name I cannot remember. And Mr. Djwadi then remarks to the audience after this particular performance, "you know what's next-!" and sadly, most of us who REALLY know the show, know what he means - He then conducts the piece from Episode 9, Season 3, "The Lannisters Send Their Regards", which of course, was the infamous "Red Wedding". After another set piece from the series chronicling Jon Snow's journey beyond the Wall, complete with "snow" cascading from the roof and a weirwood tree growing from the eastern part of the stage, a brief intermission allows everyone to catch their breath. The second part of the show features music mainly from Season 6, easily the most memorable of the series, complete with hot bursts of flame when Danerys commands "Dracarys!" to her dragons, to explosions of "wildfire" to conclude "The Light Of The Seven", the tragic scene of Circe Lannisters' ultimate retribution to, oh, half the population of King's Landing. The heat from the flames could be felt even in our mid-level seats! All through the show, his featured soloists performed on unusual and exotic instruments that give the score it's other-worldly sound. All performers, save Mr. Djwadi, from the choral group to the soloists, were costumed in garb consistent with the wardrobe of characters from the series, another loving touch. The show concludes with "Winds of Winter" the reset of the "Game of Thrones". Ramin then bids the crowd good evening, and with him on electric guitar, and his accompanying soloists, then go into a rousing performance of "The Bear and The Maiden Fair" from Season 3, while the roll call of the dead appear on the screen, in the order of their series exit. This was a show that I never thought could happen, but when it was announced, I couldn't wait to see it, and it delivered in every way possible to this fan. However, if you are NOT a fan of the series, this may be just a bunch of pretty sounds accompanied by pretty pictures of actors you don't know playing roles you are not familiar with. To fans of the show, however, this is a MUST SEE performance, worth every dime of the ticket price! From the moment you walk into the arena, to the moment you leave, you realize the immense effort all parties put into the show, and, to me, really shows the love and passion that Mr. Djwadi has for the series, and the intense focus he has on scoring this transcendent epic. Go, Game of Thrones Fan!!! I GUARANTEE you will NOT be disappointed!!!
crazy joe

"Many miles away----- something rises to the surface...

of a dark........

Scottish.......

lake............"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cjmodels/albums