What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Silent films on Blu Ray available

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Tim Casey
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Silent films on Blu Ray available

#1 Post by Tim Casey »

I don't exactly know where to post this, so I'm putting it in the Garage Kits section.

I've got new Blu Rays of three silent films (The Phantom Of The Opera, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and Nosferatu) with music scores by myself and my friends. The music is really good and is presented in surround-sound (but it'll play in stereo if you don't have a surround system). The prints are sourced from the recent Blu Rays from Kino and Eureka. They've been worked with (tinting, re-editing, subtitles instead of intertitles, etc), so they're different than the official versions, but they still look unbelievable.

We sell them on our website for $19.99 each, but I'd love my fellow modelers to see them, so I'm offering all three for $40, postage included, to anyone who wants a set. PM me and we'll set it up.

If you don't have a Blu Ray player, they're also available (to Clubhouse members) on DVD for the same price.

And if you're just curious, you can download H.264 versions of the films for $4.99 each. They look great on a laptop or a tablet.

More info, including trailers, can be seen here:
http://lowbudgetrecords.com/pages/Blu%2 ... llout.html

Let me know if you want them. Everyone who has seen these versions has been mightily impressed.