What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Danger Will Robinson!!!

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Danger Will Robinson!!!

#61 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote: . . . Only needed to watch the first episode to be sold on this - LOVED it - can't think of a thing that wasn't outstanding.

The family/emotion stuff is the perfect complement to the sci-fi, action and SFX . . . I'll admit I did get chills when the robot said "Danger Will Robinson"

Right - it's 4 years . . . FOUR YEARS !!!!! since I first posted this (April 28th 2018 - middle of 2nd page).

I STILL haven't watched Season 3, so figured I should go back and start at the beginning again. Glad I did.

I STILL got chills at that "Danger Will Robinson" bit, and loved the cameo, and love the upgraded theme music.

Off to watch S01E02 . . . 19 hours of viewing to go until I can start season 3 (hey - I've just finished watching every season of Star Trek Deep Space Nine - a boy has to keep himself relaxed somehow! :) )

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#62 Post by tay666 »

What a coincidence.
I am hoping to watch S3 over the long weekend coming up.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Heavy Metal Spike

#63 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

K - got through my re-watch of the rest of S01 and all of S02 by EOD yesterday (that's 20 episodes in 5 days :oops: ).

I'll admit that the reason I did this was because PRIOR to starting the re-watch, I watched the 1st 5mins of S03E01 and hadn't got a CLUE what was going on.

But DAMN am I glad I did re-watch.

Along with a lot of the story (and where we were up to) I'd forgotten just how well-made this was. The story is great (as preposterous as it ever was - but also still great), everyone is PERFECTLY cast, the acting, direction, effects, cinematography . . . basically . . . EVERYTHING is perfect . . . and SO much fun!

Don't know if you got into S03 yet Trev, but I've now watched S03E01 / E02 / E03 (and am stopping for the day). It's STILL as preposterous as ever (per Buc's intimation), but I'll be so very sad when I've got through the final 5 episodes :(

• PS: I'd also love to get kits or prepaints (even if it's 3D STL files I can get printed) of the Robot & the J2 ship - SO cool!

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#64 Post by tay666 »

Nope. I never got to watch any over the weekend.
There seems to be an issues with my daughter's account (again). So, no Netflix for me over the weekend.
Trevor Ylisaari

Heavy Metal Spike

#65 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Hope that gets sorted out soon Trev.

I've JUST finished the last episode.

I'm now experiencing a conflicting set of emotions - HIGH because this was just so friggin' AWESOME . . . and SAD because it's over - and the chances of a Season 4 appear to be zero.

I'll write more when I have chance, but am SO pleased I watched these (twice for Seasons 1 & 2 - so I'll probably watch Season 3 again in a few months :) )

Plot holes you could drive a truck through, enough inconsistency & unanswered questions to make you insane . . . but I still loved every single minute - I simply cannot recommend this enough.

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

#66 Post by tay666 »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote: Plot holes you could drive a truck through, enough inconsistency & unanswered questions to make you insane . . . but I still loved every single minute - I simply cannot recommend this enough.

Things like that don't really bother me. As long as I enjoy the ride, I don't need everything explained and spelled out.
Trevor Ylisaari