What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Is nobody but me excited about CW Crisis On Infinite Earths

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

brucebishoputah
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Is nobody but me excited about CW Crisis On Infinite Earths

#1 Post by brucebishoputah »

I asked at HobbyTalk and nobody seemed remotely interested. Thought I'd ask here.

I know I am very excited. With Invasion, then Crisis On Earth X, Elseworlds (introducing the Monitor) and connection to the Crisis which has been often shown in the holographic newspaper in The Flash, I can only expect a satisfying movie out of this.

They've done excellent work in bringing small-screen versions of these storylines into the TV universe, and I'm looking forward to what they have for us next fall. They have gotten better and better at these crossovers, and I can't even adequately imagine how they might produce such an effort without my mind melting.

A little melodramatic, but I really am quite excited about this! And other than getting to visit with my kids and grandkids, I usually don't get excited in a happy way. Although I do enjoy the superhero movies. Looking forward to the new Men In Black also.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Is nobody but me excited about CW Crisis On Infinite Ear

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I'm not really a DC fan, so while it may be big news to some, not so much for me.

HOWEVER - we MUST outdo other forums - so I though I'd show that I'd at least read & noted your post :D

• (* hey - if nothing else - at least I'll know what you were on about when it pops up on the interwebz machine :) *)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#3 Post by Todd P. »

I abandoned The Flash after one season and didn't make it through the one episode of Gotham I tried, both of which disappointed me because I used to be such a DC Comics fan. These shows just don't do it for me.

Downer response, huh? Sorry. Hope you like it, though.

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Buc Wheat »

same 'meh' from me as well. Did watch Gotham, but gave up on
Supergirl & Arrow long ago. And poor Flash never excited me even
as a you't !

brucebishoputah
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#5 Post by brucebishoputah »

Thanks for the replies. I'm surprised at the lack of interest, but everyone's taste is different so that's ok. I'm just glad they're making these shows interesting for me. Some storylines stink for me too, but overall I've really enjoyed them. I grew up loving all kinds of comics, not just DC and MARVEL. If it was a comic book, I was happy!

Gotham was too dark and depressing to me, so I stopped watching after a while. Some of the CW storylines have been downers too, but I've found much to enjoy.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#6 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

As far as the TV series went, I watched as follows:
  • • Arrow until end of season 4 (2015/2016). I loved the "kill the bad guys" approach taken in the 1st season but it went steadily downhill after that.
    • Flash until end of season 2 (2015/2016). Again, season 1 was good, but got worse & worse after that - the actors REALLY started annoying me by the end of season 2.
    • Gotham - I stuck with until part way through season 3 (2016/2017) when it was getting sillier and sillier.
    • Legends of Tomorrow - stopped part way through season 2 (2016/2017).
Never bothered with Supergirl or Black Lightning . . . are there any others?

Dumb question - what does "CW" stand for?

(* EDIT - CBS and Warner Bros. partnered to create a new network called The CW which they launched in September of 2006. The “C” stands for CBS and the “W” stands for Warner Bros. *)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#7 Post by spock »

Flash is the only thing that still holds my interest, probably because the suit is a lot better than the movie version. I give them credit for trying to stay with the comics. I'm a big DC fan, not to say I'm also a big Marvel fan. I always enjoyed the Cross Overs.
I LOVED Gotham mostly because I think they did a great interpretation of the bad guys. I think they grounded them pretty well. I wasn't crazy about kid Batman, but a great Alfred. Severely disappointed in the Finale. The Batman suit SUCKED. I was looking forward to an Affleck suit. Out of all the versions of the Bat Suit #1 was Sandy Collora and Affleck came closest to that. Everything else looked like Iron Man.
Supergirl got way too political and I hate getting hit over the head with political correctness and let's include everybody so nobody feels left out. Canned that series long ago.
Legends of Tomorrow started promising and just got down right silly. Same thing with Arrow, started promising then I couldn't understand what the hell were the plot lines. Too many half assed secondary characters.
The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

spock
Site Admin
Bishop of Build Ups

#8 Post by spock »

I would love to sit in on some of the decision making processes in these board rooms. Reminds me when a then chairman of Marvel gave the commencement speech at my daughters college graduation. I had to be restrained during the speech to keep from yelling "What the hell were you thinking with the Ang Lee Hulk?".
And why aren't the writers of Batman vs Superman in jail ? They cast the characters well and wrote a horrible script. Same with the follow up "Justice League".
The Clubhouse Model Gallery
When I was a kid I wanted to be older...this is NOT what I had in mind!

scuzzfink85
Bishop of Build Ups

#9 Post by scuzzfink85 »

Cw Crap Wholesale Crap Worthless
Crap Withstanding..
Nostalgia can be a bad thing, especially when you are led by it.
L.K . Marks 07.

My Kung Fu is the best..

Blind ignorance can not be solved or stopped for the problem at hand.
R.T 2021

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#10 Post by Todd P. »

Are Supergirl and the Flash going to die?

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#11 Post by Misellus »

I am more apprehensive than excited. CoIE was a huge event in DC. I don't know if it was the first, but it's the earliest company wide crossover event that I can remember. They're once a year now (or even more often). It was a huge change in the DC Universe; the end of the Bronze Age of comics and beginning of the Modern Age. Given that DC has rebooted several times since is irrelevant, at the time it was THE ONE AND ONLY fix to 30 years of convoluted history as DC absorbed more and more characters into their universe.

I expect the CW is going to completely miss the mark. I think they're going to kinda sorta have a story that has a couple elements, maybe, but completely miss the idea that this is a turning point. This is THE moment.

I think they'll jump the shark.

m-
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#12 Post by Todd P. »

Crisis on Infinite Earths drew me back to comics when I was 20, then The Dark Knight Returns made me firmly a comic-book nut -- primarily DC -- for about 10 years. Crisis was so big, so ambitious, beautifully drawn and well written. Coherent despite the massive number of characters and garbled history it was trying to neaten up. There were more tie-ins to other titles than I could keep track of; I read very few of them and still the main story in the main comic stood up. None of the crossovers that followed even came close to matching the achievement, at least none that I read.

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#13 Post by LOBOREX »

Tried and hated all the cw shows with the exception of legends of tomorrow. Which began like a doc who superhero mish mash and turned into it's own thing. Time travel and superheros still there but also a very entertaining mix of action and adventure with tongue planted firmly in cheek. This season alone had musical numbers, portals to hell, a bollywood episode, fairies, ogres, werewolf girl, luchadores, and tons of pop culture references oh and paul reubens aka pee wee stars in several episodes as a killer puppet. And finally no crisis crossover but the monitor made a very funny cameo in the last episode. Almost forgot constantine from the canceled series also joined the cast.
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck