What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Predator 5 : PREY (Summer 2022 on HULU) === Minor spoilers

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Predator 5 : PREY (Summer 2022 on HULU) === Minor spoile

#21 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tiger2 wrote: . . . I've finally got a build just started and will hopefully get a WIP going soon.
    • Take care and have a good weekend :D
You too mate - now get back to that workbench :wink: :)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Heavy Metal Spike

#22 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I just realised there was a couple of updates on AVPGalaxy (I don't go there regularly because they attract a few silly-billy's and can get a bit spoilery too).

One pointed at a June 10th "EMPIRE online" article, with some snippets of an interview with Director Dan Trachtenberg. No real spoilers (assuming you've watched the trailer) :arrow: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... haracters/

It also confirms D+ for UK viewers.

Another article links to the Twitter account for "Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla" composer Sarah Schachner - she's scored the movie :arrow: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/06/16/as ... ring-prey/ I don't play the game so I've got no knowledge of her work.

Still got a good feeling about this [-o< [-o< [-o<

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#23 Post by Tiger2 »

Thanks for the update Ian,
Got my son to check out Hulu and he thinks we can get it if necessary, but Disney Plus might be easier. Either way, I'm keeping everything crossed they have created something worth broadcasting and we get a stonking good sci fi piece of action!

Also, if the design is good, then Mr Narin might be inspired to produce another lovely kit to go with it!

Cheers,
Paul

Heavy Metal Spike

#24 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tiger2 wrote:Thanks for the update Ian,
Got my son to check out Hulu and he thinks we can get it if necessary, but Disney Plus might be easier. Either way, I'm keeping everything crossed they have created something worth broadcasting and we get a stonking good sci fi piece of action!

Also, if the design is good, then Mr Narin might be inspired to produce another lovely kit to go with it!

Cheers,
Paul

No worries Paul - and yeah - "good movie design" + "Narin sculpt" is never a bad thing :) - heck - he EVEN did a good job with the "Berserker" Pred that I wasn't that keen on in the movie!

Heavy Metal Spike

#25 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Left as a URL rather than an embedded pic in case some folks haven't watched the trailers etc. - but here's a new "foggy" full-body shot of our beastie :arrow: https://postimg.cc/VJxrL6b5 (click on pic to see larger version)

I LOVE the design so far - the bodyweight, mask/mandibles and the dreds. Something different without going too far off the reservation (pun totally intended).

Heavy Metal Spike

#26 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Same principle again - left as a URL rather than an embedded pic in case some folks haven't watched the trailers etc. - this time the cover of SFX magazine :arrow: https://postimg.cc/p5h66F12 (click on pic to see larger version)

As someone on another forum pointed out, this pic captures the spirit of the franchise in a way that the 2018 film (and it's marketing) never did.

I remarked that . . . yeah - "The Predator" definitely needed a colour-coordinated Marvel Superheroine mentioned on IT'S magazine covers too! :)

Heavy Metal Spike

#27 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

AND again - this time it's a GORGEOUS and CLEAR shot of our beastie from behind (top of head to waist) :arrow: https://postimg.cc/JDSqQchB (click on pic to see larger version)

I love the design, colouration & body-structuring so far!

Just 1 week until the San-Diego comic-con premiere, and 3 weeks until it streams! :hot: :hot: :hot: Image Image Image Image Image Image

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#28 Post by Tiger2 »

It's a really cool looking beastie Ian and the excitement emanating from your very soul is just wonderful!

My son has said he can rig something up called a VPN so we can watch it when it launches. I've booked a quiet, darkened room to go and lay down in afterwards, I suggest you do the same :D

Cheers,
Paul

Heavy Metal Spike

#29 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tiger2 wrote:It's a really cool looking beastie Ian and the excitement emanating from your very soul is just wonderful!

My son has said he can rig something up called a VPN so we can watch it when it launches. I've booked a quiet, darkened room to go and lay down in afterwards, I suggest you do the same :D

Cheers,
Paul

LOL - thanks my friend - I think that psychological circles would refer to it as an addiction - but your phraseology is more tactful/kind :)

Hope everything works out for you (and other folks in the UK) viewing-wise (and ALL of us quality wise! :shock: )

Heavy Metal Spike

#30 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

K - this shot is SO worth sharing. 2 days to the premier, and just a couple of weeks to go for those of us not living in San Diego.

Heavy Metal Spike

#31 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Another 30-second mini-trailer . . . nothing new EXCEPT for a blurry side shot of our beastie's unmasked (roaring) face :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6vdG03Rk0

Heavy Metal Spike

#32 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Oh hell - for some strange reason . . . despite it being 1:30am in the morning in Vancouver - I've been tracking responses to the SDCC "preview" showing over the last 3 hours.

I've not seen such a positive reaction to anything from my fave franchise . . . like . . . EVER! Image

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2022/07/22/pr ... -positive/

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#33 Post by Tiger2 »

Fantastic news Ian, this all sounds VERY PROMISING! Eyes down for a full house, it looks like we are going to be in for the movie we've been hoping for, happy days :D

Paul

Heavy Metal Spike

#34 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

The folks that attended, and anyone that got an advance screener, have a spoiler embargo on them, so everyone is being very careful not to ruin things for those of us that still have to wait 2 weeks.

I found this fella's 3-minute video VERY genuine as regards his reaction (again - no spoilers so you're safe watching it) :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrGXQbRjRWA

I'm so psyched for this that I've found myself physically shaking at times while reading the masses of universally positive feedback.

Heavy Metal Spike

#35 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

These guys spend 35 minutes TOTALLY avoiding spoilers (bless).

They take a few minutes to get up-and-running . . . but after that you can bask in the glow of their enthusiasm and appreciation.

They are NOT paid shills, they ARE fanboys, and they are being SINCERE.
If anyone in the future is reading this and has invented a time machine - PLEASE pay me a visit - because this 2-week wait is going to kill me! Image Image Image

PS: Oh - and I'd also like to know next weeks winning lottery numbers - but that's 2nd on the list at this point.

PPS: I'm probably shutting down on ALL "PREY" updates for a couple of weeks now . . . just in case of spoilers . . . I know as much as I want to for now!

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#36 Post by Tiger2 »

Wow, all looking like it should be EPIC. The guys are genuinely impressed with the quality of the film, it's acting, score etc,
that it works as a good action / horror film, with or without the creature. The interviews I've seen with Amber are also very positive,
the fact that she's the real deal in terms of her indigenous heritage adds to making things even more convincing.

It's like waiting for Santa when we were kids! Got my son in charge of the virtual private network, I'm in charge of beer and popcorn.
Now just try and stay calm, relax and not forget to breathe before we get to the 5th August :D

Hopefully Mr Narin might get his sculpting head on with a new Prey style kit to celebrate as well!

Cheers,
Paul

Heavy Metal Spike

#37 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tiger2 wrote: . . . It's like waiting for Santa when we were kids! Got my son in charge of the virtual private network, I'm in charge of beer and popcorn.
    • Now just try and stay calm, relax and not forget to breathe before we get to the 5th August :D . . .
LOL - you too mate!

PS: I believe Narin already has his "paperclay" ready to roll (pun TOTALLY intended) :wink: Image

Tiger2
Squire of the Sprue

#38 Post by Tiger2 »

Ok Ian, I'm thinking you must have watched Prey by now? I've got to wait until Tuesday now due to a busy weekend, so please keep any major clues quiet,
but has it been worth the wait?! Fingers crossed you are floating on a bed of euphoria and Predator fuelled adrenalin :D

Cheers,
Paul

Heavy Metal Spike

#39 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Tiger2 wrote:Ok Ian, I'm thinking you must have watched Prey by now? I've got to wait until Tuesday now due to a busy weekend, so please keep any major clues quiet,
but has it been worth the wait?! Fingers crossed you are floating on a bed of euphoria and Predator fuelled adrenalin :D
Cheers, Paul
Thanks Paul.

But no - due to various family-medical-related crap :roll: I haven't watched it yet.

Even when I DO, I won't be posting any spoilers (for a few weeks anyways), since there are folks that won't have this queued up the way we have.

I've managed to avoid ME seeing spoilers over the last 2 weeks - so what's another couple of days delay? :) 8)

PS: My Son watched it real-time (midnight Vancouver time - he was waiting & refreshing every few mins until it was available) - and says it's WAY up there in the preference list (so that's good! - since I trust his taste & honesty!)

Heavy Metal Spike

#40 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

OK - all caught up . . . I could say a lot more - but for now:

Not a classic in the same way PREDATOR & PREDATOR 2 were, and not as intense as PREDATORS, but in the same way that Dark Horse have kept the franchise alive, so will this.

Very VERY well acted, scripted, filmed and paced (even though the 1st 30mins were a bit slow compared to EVERY other entry in the franchise) - and I'm SO glad this was made.

The cinematography & score are gorgeous, the CGI very good, and the variations on recognised "stuff" was beautifully & cleverly done.

For me, I thought this was the best unmasked Predator design since P2 (TRULY one ugly mutha******) - and they may have been inspired in part by an early Narin design (not going to provide a link - true fans will know :wink: )

The heavy action scenes were very well done - expanding on the trailers and then some! :shock:

HOWEVER - they screwed-up the subtitles - seriously guys - WTH ?!?! . . . I gave in with the "Comanche" version 8 mins in when I got fed up of "winds rustling" / "dog barking" etc.) so I switched to the regular version. THEN - on THAT - they didn't bother providing subtitles for some bits of Comanche dialogue OR ANY of the French dialogue. Friggin' idiots - you've had a year to prep the subtitles and then mess that up ?!!?!?! #-o

Overall impressions? :arrow: I think the early reviewers were so relieved watching this after the debacle that was "The Predator" that they got a little excited and over-enthusiastic/positive.

As I said earlier though - so glad this was made - a nice little entry that I think will always be remembered fondly, even if it's not up there with the 1st 3 in my list.

• My ranking:
        • 1) Predator 2​
          2) Predator​
          3) Predators​
          4=) Prey​
          4=) The Predator (1st hour only due to characterisations)​
          6) AVP​
          7) AVP-R​