What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Peacemaker - HBO Max TV show

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Peacemaker - HBO Max TV show

#1 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E01 - "A Whole New Whirled"
    • S01E02 - "Best Friends, For Never"
        • S01E03 - "Better Goff Dead"

I thought the character was the weak link in the Suicide Squad movie from Aug 2021 - but it turns out it was just the way he was written that time round.

In THIS, the extra screen time fleshing out of his background, and his stated regrets from how he acted in the movie, allow for a more sympathetic understanding, and greater appreciation.
      • . . . and those opening credits - MAN! . . . funniest opening credits EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Takes until about half-way through the 1st episode to really find it's feet (certainly not the case by the end of the 3rd episode :wink: )

I loved the humour (Gunn is SO "out there"), the music (with the exception of the friggin' "Quireboys"!), the political incorrectness (done WELL!), the nudity (done semi-tastefully :) ), and the special effects (once again WETA workshop - so business as usual for them).

These cheered up a dull, miserable Vancouver day following 4 weeks of snow that neither I nor my back appreciated! :evil:

The supporting cast is amazing, the plot is clever, the bad guys mysterious, and "eagly" is cute. Love the way the whole thing is unfolding.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series (another 5 left).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

Re: Peacemaker - HBO Max TV show

#2 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Going to be checking this one out.
I'm not a huge superhero guy but I loved SSquad.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#3 Post by Misellus »

Just the opening credits made it worth it IMO. But I almost always love the cognitive dissonance of an opening number.

Project Butterfly? Project Starfish turned out to be a giant starfish, is this just going to be giant butterflies?
later
Ahhh, butterflies.
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Buc Wheat »

Watched the 3 eps last night and enjoying it!

Heavy Metal Spike

#5 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E04 - "The Choad Less Traveled"

The opening credits still make me laugh out loud :D - and that track is SO blimmin' cheerful! :hot: :jam: \:D/

DAMN are all the folks in this screwed up or what !!!!!!!!

This episode is a bit slower than the others, but still entertaining.
    • • Quote of the week :arrow: "Your t its look stellar in that shirt . . . and I'm saying that as a compliment - that's not in a sexist way".

• Move of the week :arrow: Cena sharing his smoke, and then pulling an Axl Rose as "House of Pain" by "Faster Pussycat" starts to play.
Love it.

Heavy Metal Spike

#6 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E05 - "Monkey Dory"

I've said it before, I'm saying it now, and I'll doubtless say it again - those opening credits make me smile !!!!! :bgrin:

LOVED this episode - the scene with the "alternate names" had me cracking up - as did the continuation/outtake in the post credits scene (EVERY episode has a post-credits scene in case any of you didn't realise!)

Didn't approve of the "Hanoi Rocks" track (on repeat!) but that "Dynazty" track at the end sure hit the spot (for the record (and I know you'll be shocked) - I was a Swedish Power Metal fan BEFORE Peacemaker made it popular !!!! :) )

Heavy Metal Spike

#7 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E06 - "Murn After Reading"

Yarp - still loving those opening credits :D

Gunn, Cena & the rest of the crew (in front of AND behind the camera) have excelled with this . . . the more I watch . . . the more I love it . . . haven't had so much fun with anything Gunn has helmed since the 1st GOTG movie.

Clever twists, unexpected (and expected) character development, the only Mutley Crude song I ever really liked played on the piano - loved everything about this episode.

The school scene was hilarious, as was the "yes/no", and the "smiles" gag was LMAO funny (as was the post-credits scene) . . . this thing is SOOOOOOOOO good . . . and I'll be gutted when it ends (only 2 left - but looks like it'll be renewed for a 2nd season [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< )

Easily the best show of the year for overall quality & entertainment value. This is something special.

2-6-1-0-1-1

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#8 Post by Misellus »

It still bothers me they're treating Vigilante as an imbecile and psychopath. He was a city prosecutor, later a judge, and only went after people who escaped on a technicality not "last year I'd have shot you in the face (for smoking a joint)."

Other than that, love the show, and I still watch the opening every time.

I don't remember what it's from but the bully/thimble scene reminded me of a quote from some show somewhere:
My coworkers and friends call me threatening and intimidating. Just because I intimidate and threaten them.

r-
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt

Heavy Metal Spike

#9 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

S01E07 - "Stop Dragon My Heart Around"

Those opening credits are cool (no - really!)

Just when you thought this couldn't possibly get any better - it effin' DOES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOOO emotional - I don't think I've ever wanted the death of a character so much.

This thing is ON FIRE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

This show has been exposing a LOT of people to music they had probably not heard before (well done James Gunn!) . . . and today was no different . . . another great track from Wig Wam part way through.

So "up", so cheerful, just makes me smile from ear to ear. How the heck I'd never heard of this band before the TV show escapes me!

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#10 Post by Buc Wheat »

I laughed when I read somewhere, "...for such tiny butterflies... that sure is one big mofo Cow!"

modeljunky
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

#11 Post by modeljunky »

love this show!! cant wait till season 2.
Its not just a hobby...its an addiction

Joker Laugh
Squire of the Sprue

#12 Post by Joker Laugh »

I really was not interested in this and reluctantly gave it a go and now I think its the best Superhero show ever! Loved every second!
Places online where you can find me.

Deviantart
Facebook
Youtube
Twitter
Instagram