What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

New Bond Movie (Amazon Prime)

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

New Bond Movie (Amazon Prime)

#1 Post by Buc Wheat »

Just saw that the new Bond movie is up on Prime! Heard good
things on this one, so look fwd to watching it.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: New Bond Movie (Amazon Prime)

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

It's worth a watch - I mean - it's not like you're paying anything extra for it.

I thought it was OK, but nothing to write home about. I've not really been a fan of the Daniel Craig Bond movies - except maybe "Skyfall".

Ana de Armas is phenomenal in this (isn't she always?) - drop-dead gorgeous, and perfect casting for the small part she has.

MUCH preferred the Connery & Moore installments (along with Dalton's "Licence to Kill" - which remains one of my top 5 Bond movies).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Stormheart
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#3 Post by Stormheart »

Of the Daniel Craig Bond Movies "Skyfall" is by far my favorite, but this would likely come in as number two. My chief problem with this movie is the villain just didn't work for me. Rami Malek is a very good actor, and I really don't blame him, but (for me anyway) the character concept just wasn't strong enough. I agree with everything Spike said about Ana de Armas. She was the highlight of the movie.
"So cry 'Crivens' and let loose the clan Mac Feegle!" - Tiffany Aching

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#4 Post by derekc62 »

Having read the books (albeit years ago) it was a mishmash of plot points from one book (You Only Live Twice) and original material with Malek's character a combination of Blofeld from "You Only Live Twice" and an original concept.

The ending of the film left me with a bitter taste since it seemed to me the film makers had a total lack of respect for the Bond character.

"Bond" is one person, not a pseudonym. You may know what I mean if you've seen the film.

I consider this the weakest of the Craig Bond movies which is a shame because as a fan of the franchise I thought the scripts and modern film-making techniques made his run on the series better than all others, including most of the Connery films (Dr. No and From Russia with Love being the exceptions)
Derek Conlon

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Buc Wheat »

Watched a little over half last night and have to admit found the plotting slow.

Will finish it up tonight, but expected better from what I had heard going in.

Buc