What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Gina Carano & friends - Terror on the Prairie

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Gina Carano & friends - Terror on the Prairie

#1 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Watched the live streaming premier of this real-time tonight (well - MOSTLY real-time as I had to pause a couple of times).

I was concerned that after all the well-wishes & positive vibes from Gina's supporters (myself included) that this might not be as good as we all hoped for. I shouldn't have worried.

Opens strong (and shocking!), is then followed by a VERY slow 15 minutes of family character-building, but then really grabs you by the balls.

I'm generally not that big a fan of westerns, and it takes something special to make me watch - but with this having Gina . . . it was a no-brainer. She is a DAMN fine actress.

The rest of the cast (no matter how long they are on the screen) are very VERY convincing.

Nothing terribly original about the plot . . . this was an old-school western . . . but with a more modern/realistic take RE the violence & intensity . . . so much so that I found myself physically shaking during some of the scenes.

Realistically portrayed by everyone concerned, not standard Hollywood fodder and no standard Hollywood exaggerations. The last westerns that grabbed me like this were Eastwood's "Unforgiven" and Kurt Russell's "Bone Tomahawk". I could probably include "The Hateful Eight" here too, but that is in a league of it's own.

I'll definitely be watching this again.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Todd P.
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Gina Carano & friends - Terror on the Prairie

#2 Post by Todd P. »

Haven't heard of it. Who's streaming it?

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Todd P. wrote:Haven't heard of it. Who's streaming it?
It won't get covered by mainstream media - because "political correctness" and because it's been produced/released via "The Daily Wire". You'll need at least a 1 month subscription (about $10 USD) to watch it.

They do have at least 1 other movie worth watching - "Run, Hide, Fight" which has a lass from "Young Sheldon" in the lead role (Isabel May) - she is a great actress too.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by LOBOREX »

A hard pass, starring a rightwing nut job funded by rightwing nutjobs.
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck