What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Black Adam

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Black Adam

#1 Post by AntMan »

Wow! I thought there would have already been a post started on this movie.
I guess not.

Soooo, I saw it last Thursday, and loved it!

Partial Spoiler Alert!
I think maybe Warner Brothers' attempted a reboot of their previous, not-so-good "Justice League" movie with "Black Adam".
They introduced some new super heroes composing their "Justice Society" group, and even though there were some
striking similarities to several of Marvel's Superheroes, the "Justice Society" still worked for me.

I was glad to (finally) see the appearance of Hawkman, (although he "strangely" reminded me of another certain
Marvel Superhero....Make that THREE similarities).

I also liked that whole "Do Superheroes Kill, are they ever justified to do so and under what circumstances would it be
acceptable" dilemma/quandary which was visited.

Overall "Black Adam" turned out much better than I thought it would be.
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

Re: Black Adam

#2 Post by AntMan »

I went to see it a second time a couple of days ago. I figured I'd squeeze it in once again, before
"Black Panther Wakanda Forever" came out.

I was smirking and chuckling at the Black Adam's attempt at sarcasm, (often at the expense of the bad guys). :wink:
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Black Adam

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

As with everything, this will have those that like it, those that don't, and those that are various degrees of in-between.

For me . . . nothing special or clever about the script - I thought it was a formulaic & predictable popcorn movie. Not as bad as "Thor - Love & Thunder", or "Aquaman", but there were certainly parts that left me shaking my head, along with plenty of OTT CGI fight scenes (especially towards the end) that reminded me of video games.

If we split Dwayne Johnson's movies into 2 categories, he's certainly got more in his portfolio where he's lacking that "camera loves you" spark (or whatever it is that "makes things work") . . . and this is another one of those.

Brosnan (serious screen presence!) and the fella playing Hawkman were superb, and I really liked the guy playing "Atom Smasher" as well. The wavey-hands wind-girl and the skateboarding teenage boy were a waste of space.

I knew NOTHING about ANY of the characters, so was surprised by "Dr. Fate", and by how bad-ass Hawkman was - I'd assumed he was just like "Angel" from the X-Men - I was more than a little off-target with that! I'd seen some pics in the run-up to release that suggested the character may have been race-swapped, but regardless, this was another 60's/70's Nick Fury vs. Sam Jackson scenario . . . he was well suited to the role.

Worth watching once if you want a bit of mindless entertainment, but it'll be a few years (if ever) before I watch it again, and even then, it'll only be if I want something that doesn't demand real attention.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image