What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever"

Discuss Movies, Televison and all your favorites whether they be on DVD, VHS, or the Silver Screen

Moderator: Moderators

AntMan
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Jack of all Trades

"Black Panther: Wakanda Forever"

#1 Post by AntMan »

I just saw it, earlier today.

I intended to "sneak in" to the very first Saturday morning, 10:00 o'clock showing of the movie,
at a local movie theater. I was hoping for a pretty empty movie theater.

ALAS, IT WAS PACKED!

I'm not going to divulge anything plot-wise here, but I REALLY liked the movie!

I'm going back to see it again, sometime next week.
Keep the glue and paint flowing, take care and stay blessed!
-Tony

"No Try! Do or Do Not! There is no try." Yoda

http://www.scififantmodmadrealm.com

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever"

#2 Post by Buc Wheat »

My son put his digital copy up for me and finally watched it yesterday.

Liked it. The wings on Namor's feet looked a little too large for me and sorry
to say, looked a little comical as he flew around, but plot was good. And now
we know apparently not just one meteor fell to earth!

This is just my opinion... but kinda irks me that they can't find just ONE black
guy who belongs to the Actor Guild Union to carry on the Black Panther. (Sure,
it's sad the actor that played him died WAY too young...) but this picture would have
been alot better with the same plot but w/ him!

They don't seem to have any problem casting different Spideys or Batman for EVERY
picture...but can't seem to move on with this character.

YMMV of course.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:My son put his digital copy up for me and finally watched it yesterday.

Liked it (only joking). The wings on Namor's feet looked a little too large for me and sorry to say, looked ridiculous as he flew around, but plot was god-awful. And now we know apparently not just one meteor fell to earth, as another landed on the Marvel/Disney writers department, causing severe mental impairment, and scripts that suggest they were scribbled on the back of a cereal packet while drunk and/or high.

This is just my opinion... but kinda irks me that they can't find just ONE black guy who belongs to the Actor Guild Union to carry on the Black Panther. (Sure, it's sad the actor that played him died WAY too young...) but this picture would have been a lot better with a totally different plot and w/him!

They don't seem to have any problem casting different Spideys or Batman for EVERY picture...but can't seem to move on with this character.

YMMV of course.
I can see someone has hacked your Clubhouse ID, so I tweaked your post a bit to reflect my understanding of what I had previously guessed your opinion would be (after I myself had watched it).

Needless to say - I HATED it with a passion - formulaic, badly written, nonsensical garbage. Absolute rubbish and another forgettable entry into Marvel's "phase bore".

Another one I'll never watch again (unless torture becomes common practice in Canada).

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:
Buc Wheat wrote:My son put his digital copy up for me and finally watched it yesterday.

Liked it (only joking). The wings on Namor's feet looked a little too large for me and sorry to say, looked ridiculous as he flew around, but plot was god-awful. And now we know apparently not just one meteor fell to earth, as another landed on the Marvel/Disney writers department, causing severe mental impairment, and scripts that suggest they were scribbled on the back of a cereal packet while drunk and/or high.

This is just my opinion... but kinda irks me that they can't find just ONE black guy who belongs to the Actor Guild Union to carry on the Black Panther. (Sure, it's sad the actor that played him died WAY too young...) but this picture would have been a lot better with a totally different plot and w/him!

They don't seem to have any problem casting different Spideys or Batman for EVERY picture...but can't seem to move on with this character.

YMMV of course.
I can see someone has hacked your Clubhouse ID, so I tweaked your post a bit to reflect my understanding of what I had previously guessed your opinion would be (after I myself had watched it).

Needless to say - I HATED it with a passion - formulaic, badly written, nonsensical garbage. Absolute rubbish and another forgettable entry into Marvel's "phase bore".

Another one I'll never watch again (unless torture becomes common practice in Canada).

Spike - I suspect that I might agree with your opinion, but - ALAS - the last "Superhero" movie I watched was the original "Iron Man" (my son was a teen and wanted to see it).

I HATE live-action films based on comic books with a WHITE HOT PASSION
as to me they represent nothing more than the utter lack of any creativity in today's film industry. (CRETINOUS creativity is what now rules "Hollyweird").

:cussing: :angry2: :angry2: :cussing:
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

Buc Wheat
Bishop of Build Ups

#5 Post by Buc Wheat »

Heavy Metal Spike wrote:I can see someone has hacked your Clubhouse ID, so I tweaked your post a bit to reflect my understanding of what I had previously guessed your opinion would be (after I myself had watched it).

Another one I'll never watch again (unless torture becomes common practice in Canada)..
Firstly: I spit my coffee all over my monitor, dumbass!! (but... it was funny) (and stop writing on my
#$#$#$#, mofo!)

2ndly: Damn! I've mostly enjoyed the Marvel films. (can't say the same for the DC ones, but I've
always been a 'Make Mine Marvel' guy in my yute! Not that big a fan of the minor character ones,
i.e. Antman, MoonKnight, etc. But have enjoyed the Avengers, Guardians, DareDevil, Thor (the last one has
been Chemo Wiped, thankfully). Even enjoyed She Hulk (and I detest Hulk w/ a passion, both written and
movie).

and no, I'm w/ ya on probably never watch it again!

Now excuse me, gotta rewatch John Wick 3 before 4 comes out cuz I can't remember how it ended.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#6 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Buc Wheat wrote:Firstly: I spit my coffee all over my monitor, dumbass!! (but... it was funny) (and stop writing on my #$#$#$#, mofo!)

2ndly: Damn! I've mostly enjoyed the Marvel films. (can't say the same for the DC ones, but I've always been a 'Make Mine Marvel' guy in my yute! Not that big a fan of the minor character ones,
i.e. Antman, MoonKnight, etc. But have enjoyed the Avengers, Guardians, DareDevil, Thor (the last one has been Chemo Wiped, thankfully). Even enjoyed She Hulk (and I detest Hulk w/ a passion, both written and movie).

and no, I'm w/ ya on probably never watch it again!

Now excuse me, gotta rewatch John Wick 3 before 4 comes out cuz I can't remember how it ended.
Muhaaaahaaahaaa . . . FINALLY we get revenge for that 1771 incident :wink: :)

Agreed on DC vs. Marvel - I generally have little to no interest in DC stuffs (some exceptions - like what James Gunn has done with Suicide Squad & Peacemaker) - I find most of the characters dull and never bothered with the comics as a kid - although I did like the Adam West Batman TV show :)

The phase 4 (phase bore as I called it) Disney-Marvel stuff was:
  • • Black Widow (boring and silly).
    • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (1st half OK - rest is best ignored).
    • Eternals (never watched, and based on the trailers & feedback, never will).
    • Spider-Man: No Way Home (was OK, but I didn't understand what all the fuss was about).
    • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (again - never watched, and based on the trailers & feedback, never will).
    • Thor: Love and Thunder (oh how I WISH I'd never watched this).
    • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (see "Thor LaT" response).
I will never watch ANY of the above ever again.

I did like some of the "TV" shows that came out in the same period - Hawkeye was pretty good, as was Moon Knight, but She-Hulk was easily the best thing they have released in YEARS! (and like yourself, I'm not really a regular Hulk fan).

I should probably go back and watch all 3 of the existing "John Wick" movies, but I'll wait until the feedback starts coming in for #4 since I don't recall #3 being that good.

Off to boil the kettle for a nice cup of TEA Image

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image