THE CLUBHOUSE

The Online Community for Model-builders, Sculptors, and Collectors
It is currently May 11th, 2021, 10:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109
PostPosted: April 17th, 2021, 3:52 am 
Knight of the Round Bench

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Back when these guys were building their reputation . . . my sequence was as follows:

The Warning (1984) - I heard about them, but wasn't that impressed (at THAT point).
      Rage For Order (1986) - Absolute perfection.
      Operation Mindcrime (1988) - Ditto.
      Empire (1990) - Disappointing, and stopped taking any notice of anything they released until we got Todd La Torre in 2013.

THIS (however) shows when Geoff Tate was in his best years (aged only 25) - more range than Oklahoma.

Queensrÿche - originally from "The Warning" - "Take Hold of the Flame" - Live in Tokyo 5th August 1984. Chills.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2021, 3:55 am 
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

I had to watch the video to refresh my memory.

I became aware of the band with their EP Queensrÿche
and the song Queen Of The Reich thanks to my best friend seeing them open for someone at a concert.
Didn't really notice when The Warning came out, but did hear some stuff off Rage For Order that I liked. The of course Operation Mindcrime blew everyone away. Which is when I also discovered a few gems on The Warning (including the track you linked)

I too was disillusioned when Empire came out. At first I kind of liked Silent Lucidity, but then it got overplayed to death. and I realized I didn't find much else on the album to grab me other than Another Rainy Night. Later on I developed an appreciation for Jet City Woman. But I just wasn't into the direction the band was heading.
That was also right around the time I became a family man, and kind of lost the time to listen to much else other than what was on the radio, so I lost all track of what they did from there.

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

PostPosted: May 1st, 2021, 12:47 am 
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Blast from the past today. Thanks to a local radio station. Their Classic Cafe today (6 songs in a row at lunch time) was Armored Saint.
Talk about early 80's metal. Both sound, and the video.

Here is probably the most well known track out of the 6 they played
Can U Deliver https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhInBqgtN8

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

PostPosted: May 9th, 2021, 6:38 pm 
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Bishop of Build Ups

Location: On my way OUT of the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
Was listening to a Jordan Peterson podcast when the guest, Braveheart screenwriter Randall Wallace talked for a bit about 1960s songwriting and cited a line from a long-familiar song ... that I never heard before (the line, not the song). Well, turns out that most of the verses in this song are pretty unintelligible - I had heard it of course, just had not understood it. Dr Peterson agreed that the songwriters "were in a pretty dark place" when they wrote it.

The line that I couldn't get out of my head because it was so creepy?

"I rode a tank, held a general's rank, when the Blitzkrieg raged, and the bodies stank."

If it doesn't sound familiar, you really need to take 6 and listen to this song again while reading the verses on the screen. Just since last night I have come to believe that this may be greatest rock n roll song lyric ever. (Not the the nicest, certainly not poppy or uplifting - but a lyric that taps into the dark side of the human soul in the creepiest, most authentic way of any song. You can easily believe that the purported "singer" in the song is in fact the one performing it. He's just looking for a little "Sympathy" :shock: ))

Brilliant - and terrifying at the same time. Click on the link. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgnClrx8N2k

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett​

Last edited by bucketfoot-al on May 9th, 2021, 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109