THE CLUBHOUSE

The Online Community for Model-builders, Sculptors, and Collectors
It is currently July 30th, 2021, 6:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 21st, 2021, 11:22 pm 
Knight of the Round Bench

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Thanks for the update Trev. I'll do some clicking in a sec.

I'm STILL loving this track - it's the Southern/Blues "intro" and the 2nd/3rd solos that have bitten home most (along with the video/lyrics of course).

I honestly cannot remember ANYTHING they've ever released - studio or live - that contains a solo as impressive as that 3rd one (I'm now convinced it's Davey/Janick/Adrian).

JUST (as in the last 20mins) managed to track down somewhere to order the red/black vinyl from at a good price. The bulk of sites out there were asking about $125 CAD including shipping, which I thought was a bit over the top, but a good hour of (im)patient google-foo resulted in me finding a Reddit thread that recommended these guys :arrow: https://www.boilerroomrecords.co.uk/col ... olour-disc for a total of $98 CAD.

Bonus being they are a physical store in the UK and I'd much rather do business with them than help finance trips to space & political contributions.

I haven't been this excited for an album release in over 20 years (since we left the UK) ImageImageImage

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2021, 12:49 am 
Knight of the Round Bench

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
tay666 wrote:
I don't have it either. But a saw a reaction video from someone who was listening to the Spotify audio because he had heard the mix was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Us_zD0mRA

So, now I am trying to find a good clean audio that I can download and listen to. Amazon only has an MP3 version.
I found this site https://www.prostudiomasters.com/album/page/96843
But I am not sure how legit it is, so I am checking around before I buy from there. But you can listen to it on there.

Enjoyed the reaction vid (as I have the 6 or 7 I've seen prior to this).

The other site you linked - it's obviously only a snippet but yeah - it does sound different. I remember Dee Snider commenting YEARS back on how important it was to tailor various edits/versions to the sites and/or media form so that you ended up with the best sound.

This thing is STILL giving me chills EVERY time - I can't remember another track in recent memory that did that after some 20-odd listenings in less than a week.

It's THAT good :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

(* now nearly 5 million views - and I'm loving the comments - seem to be 99.9% positive & appreciative *)

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2021, 12:01 am 
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Glad you found a place to order. I took a look, and was surprised that WhatRecords didn't have that version available. For years, they were my go-to when I was after new releases from Maiden (back when I was heavy into the collecting)

I am planning on just getting the media book version.

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths