What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

So, how do you feel about the Dee Snyder / Paul Stanley feud

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

tay666
Site Admin
Prince of Plastic

So, how do you feel about the Dee Snyder / Paul Stanley feud

#1 Post by tay666 »

Not sure how many here have been following this
https://www.yahoo.com/music/s/twisted-s ... 26301.html

Personally, I find it all rather funny.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

mikef12169
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Re: So, how do you feel about the Dee Snyder / Paul Stanley

#2 Post by mikef12169 »

Neither of them been revelant in years. Im huge metal fan but have never liked either band. Although I can say that Dee is a really nice guy, genuine guy. I bullshited with him once at a gas station for about 20 mins.

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

#3 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Better singer - Stanley
Better frontman - Snider (unsurpassable for crowd interaction).
Better person to sit down for a beer with - Snider.
Better online presence - Snider.
Better human-being - Snider.
Funniest person - Snider.
Winner of this discussion so far - Snider.

So - guess I'm undecided :lol:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#4 Post by Scooke123 »

And the Best singer is questionable too - if you compared Stanley to other frontmen he would pale. His voice isn't anywhere near what it used to be. I think you got all the rest right on though. This is coming from a big KISS fan! I think Stanley and Simmons are more caught in their little world than reality. Sucks he would call Snider and the others in T/S buffooons - shows no class!
Steve
Steve Cooke

ManthingVT
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#5 Post by ManthingVT »

First off, I think it's all a bit ridiculous. However... Dee's original comments were legit. As a DJ and radio personality concerning the genre, I also think he had a right to voice his observations about the current Kiss.

Spike, I agree with your assessment 100% except for one thing... who is the better singer? IMHO, Dee is and always has been the better vocalist for the hard rock/metal genre. This is coming from an original Kiss fan in the mid-seventies and an ORIGINAL TS fan from the club days in NYC in the late seventies (when I was still in HS). Once they started recording though, it was always clear to me that Dee was at a level or two beyond the rest of the band. Mendoza was a decent bass player and A.J. Pero a darn good drummer, but unfortunately Jay-Jay and Eddie Ojeda were extremely limited and unimaginative guitar players. I always wondered what Dee could have accomplished with a really good band behind him. Regardless, they accomplished quite a bit as Twisted Sister.
During those old club days though, they were probably the best band I ever saw live.

Heavy Metal Spike

#6 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Yeah - I hear ya Mark.

I'm going to pick up that crowdfunded "early years" DVD when I can.

Here's ANOTHER reason Dee rules - 30 years to the day since he took on the PMRC.

He showed the world (outside of the rock/metal community who already knew) that just because you may choose an appearance or lifestyle that the masses may consider unconventional, that doesn't mean you are dumb or illiterate.

I was SO proud of him doing this all those years back, and SO grateful, and my respect for the man has only grown. He's a survivor, a fighter, a real talent, and one of the biggest assets/weapons the rock/metal family has ever had.

Full PMRC appearance - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Vyr1TylTE

The "Filthy Fifteen" - http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=752 ... c12386b284

TeddyNovak
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

#7 Post by TeddyNovak »

Regardless of how you feel about the bands Stanley is an insufferable jerk. Have you ever seen the video where he is crying to security to go after a kid with a laser pointer? Snider is a good guy, he's funny and personable.

Oh and the way they treated Peter Criss (and to a lesser extent Ace Frehley) when the band got back together to go back on tour also speaks volumes about the kind of person Stanley is, IMO.

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days" - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#8 Post by Scooke123 »

TeddyNovak wrote:Regardless of how you feel about the bands Stanley is an insufferable jerk. Have you ever seen the video where he is crying to security to go after a kid with a laser pointer? Snider is a good guy, he's funny and personable.

Oh and the way they treated Peter Criss (and to a lesser extent Ace Frehley) when the band got back together to go back on tour also speaks volumes about the kind of person Stanley is, IMO.
If Ace and Peter not gotten back with KISS and the Reunion Tour had not taken place I doubt there would be a KISS band around today. Like it or not the original 4 had a stage presence together. When Ace was on stage you knew from the way he moved it was Ace - Tommy can't duplicate that. I saw Ace last week in concert and he still can play!!!! (even though Gene says he can't).
Steve
Steve Cooke

boxerdog
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#9 Post by boxerdog »

haven't took much notice of the I'm better than you crap talk.i do believe a person as a right to reply if someone as talked dirt on you.i suppose Stanley had the right to reply.he can also stated facts,stanley as been the most successful,still is, even with a voice that's gone completely.

Scooke123
Bishop of Build Ups

#10 Post by Scooke123 »

Yea, Paul's voice especially in concert is pretty bad. I just saw Ace in concert and his drummer sang Love Gun and Detroit Rock City. His voice sounded better than Paul's when he was in his prime. All the KISS songs Ace did sounded way better and were tighter than KISS performs them now. Gene is wrong that Ace can't play anymore!
Steve Cooke

miluzzu
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#11 Post by miluzzu »

It had been my understanding, right or wrong, that Jay Jay French of Twisted Sister was in a band with Gene and Paul before Kiss called Wicked Lester. Or, Maybe my memory is shot. These things don't matter to me as much as they used to.

Having said that, I agree that trotting out anyone other than Ace or Peter in the Spaceman or Catman makeup is pathetic and insulting. Both to Ace and Peter as well as the fans. Of course, the Kiss business model has always been "business" rather than "creativity" so I am not surprised.

I grew up loving Kiss. But, like many other bands hanging on to past glory, it's time to call it a career and step away.
Mike

Heavy Metal Spike

#12 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Hi Mike - I wasn't sure either - but a quick bit of googling indicated that Jay Jay was one of many guitarists that auditioned for Paul & Gene in a pre Wicked Lester lineup.

http://bravewords.com/news/twisted-sist ... d-for-kiss