What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Another one lost to cancer.

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Another one lost to cancer.

#1 Post by tay666 »

And the hits just keep on coming this year :(
Just got word last night of another musician lost to cancer.
He wasn't anyone famous. And most have probably never heard of the band he performed with. But people in the ren-faire community did.

Jay Elkins of Circa Paleo passed away yesterday after a 10 month fight with colon cancer :sad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgyBR_40OO8

Jay is the one playing bass guitar and tambourine. He played drums as well.

Circa Paleo has been performing together for about 6 years now. They are quite popular on the ren-faire circuit, as well as in a few cities near the faires where they play.
So popular in fact that they are too expensive for our local faire to bring in anymore.
But they have made so many friends in the area that they still continue to come back for a show at a local winery. And while in the area they pop into the faire and do a couple of unpaid shows to warm up for the winery show that night. (they also do a show or two at a local mexican restaurant later in the week).

That is the thing about faire performers. They are more than just hired acts.
They hang out there all day since they do multiple shows. They get to know people. Interact and have fun. Do things with people after hours. Become like friends and family.
And though I don't really 'know' the members of the band, I have hung out with them. Talked with them. They know me on sight. Maybe not my name, but remember past events and such.
So even though they are just acquaintances, being part of faire makes them feel like family.
So this loss hits kind of close to home.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths