What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

maiden's latest...review from MSG

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

raydrz
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
King of Kit Builders

maiden's latest...review from MSG

#1 Post by raydrz »

Last night’s show kicked off with the classic song “Doctor Doctor” by UFO, a band who Steve Harris, Iron Maiden’s bassist and primary songwriter, cites as one of Maiden’s bigger influences, playing over the house system. Afterwards, the room went black and an animated video played showing a jungle entangled Ed Force One being thrown into the air by a massive, rotten, subterranean hand (Eddie’s). The stage elements were uncovered, fog began rolling out of every crevice on the stage, and four cauldron fires became alight at the top of the stage. A single super bright spot light lit up frontman Bruce Dickinson and so began the Iron Maiden set in earnest, with a one-two punch of “If Eternity Should Fail” and “Speed of Light,” both from Book of Souls. For the next two hours Iron Maiden thrilled the audience with a fantastic career-spanning setlist. Their newer stuff really did stand up to time-tested classics like “Children of the Damned,” “The Trooper,” “The Number of the Beast,” and “Wasted Years.”

As performers, the crew were impeccable. Bruce Dickinson had an unbridled energy that didn’t abate for one second during their entire set; he was running around like a mad man, jumping over #$#$#$#, and doing high kicks. And it goes without saying that he definitely knows his way around a mic stand. And the same goes for fellow old timers Steve Harris, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Nicko McBrain, and Janick Gers. Aside from their musical agilities, these guys, who are 60 years old or close to it, were as energetic as they were in the ’80s and ’90s.
i'm so bummed that i'm not going tonight here in Chicago...i saw Britny post on FB that she was there last night...hope it was as good as NY/MSG appears to have been...
JOHN PETIK
"Christ promised the resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
http://s1294.beta.photobucket.com/

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Re: maiden's latest...review from MSG

#2 Post by tay666 »

Yeah, she was rubbing it in last night with FB messages to me.

I'm still holding out hope for a swing back through in the fall at some of the outdoor venues.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths