What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Back to vinyl.

This is a forum dedicated to the discussion of Recorded Music. Not related to any particular Genre.

There's only two kinds of Music... Good Music and Bad Music.....So drop a coin in the slot, put on your Blue Suede Shoes and c'mon in....

Moderators: tay666, Moderators

RockinResin
Jack of all Trades

Re: Back to vinyl.

#61 Post by RockinResin »

Farrell. I lived on the North Shore.

Sal

ausf
Seam Filler

#62 Post by ausf »

Jeez it's a small world (or is SI a hotbed for Monster lovers?)

I went to Wagner and my hair was past my waist. One of a handful of bass players in a school lousy with guitarists and drummers.

So I guess you guys are familiar with Brownies in Port Richmond? I got my Auroras there back in the day and everythingelse for the next 20 years, loved that place. Would take my sons there when I'd be back on the Island for a visit and still got the 'Hello young fella' from Mr Brown when I was in my late thirties as I did when I was 6 (or 14, 18, 21..).
Plausible deniability.

RockinResin
Jack of all Trades

#63 Post by RockinResin »

That’s pretty funny. I wasn’t familiar with Brownies but can’t say that I’ve never been there.

Rock On!
Sal
Last edited by RockinResin on March 11th, 2019, 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

ausf
Seam Filler

#64 Post by ausf »

RockinResin wrote:That’s pretty funny. I wasn’t familiar with Brownies but can’t say that I’ve never been there.

All my schooling was on SI. I graduated from St. John’s University up on Grymes Hill.

Rock On!
Sal
I lived on Campus Rd off of Howard for 30 years.
Plausible deniability.

ManthingVT
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#65 Post by ManthingVT »

I was born and grew up in Tottenville- last stop in on the train. We didn't get so far as Port Richmond that often. Lol! I did buy my comic books in the late seventies at Paulie's Sweet Shop in New Dorp though. I lived almost right on the Arthur Kill and used to look at the Outterbridge Crossing from my bedroom.

ausf
Seam Filler

#66 Post by ausf »

ManthingVT wrote:I was born and grew up in Tottenville- last stop in on the train. We didn't get so far as Port Richmond that often. Lol! I did buy my comic books in the late seventies at Paulie's Sweet Shop in New Dorp though. I lived almost right on the Arthur Kill and used to look at the Outterbridge Crossing from my bedroom.
I could see the Verrazano from my living room.

I worked as a dive master at Fantasea on the Blvd at New Dorp. Otherwise it was either King's Chef or Forbidden Planet that brought me to that neck of the woods and only after I was old enough to drive. Plus of course Thursday nights at the car show.
Plausible deniability.