What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Stay strong Canada

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Stay strong Canada

#1 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

I'm trying desperately to find the right way to post this without sounding political.

I may not be Canadian by birth - but Canadians let me & mine into this country nearly 22 years ago . . . and they provided a safe community for my family to grow up in.

Our local police force are wonderful. They represent and protect their neighborhood.

The population, the PEOPLE in Canada are AMAZING - thank-you! =D> =D> =D> :bow: :bow: :bow:

So I'll go for the humorous angle.

It says something when my computer locks up from watching too many live feeds, and I find solace from the screen I get when I have to reboot . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

Re: Stay strong Canada

#2 Post by LOBOREX »

Fix it for you. Image
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#3 Post by bucketfoot-al »

*SNIP*
Last edited by bucketfoot-al on March 7th, 2022, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#4 Post by derekc62 »

bucketfoot-al wrote:
Citation deleted at poster's request

** See? We can all get along **
- DC

The word fascist get thrown around a lot these days - I seem to recall it's gotten used a lot since January 6, 2021

Trudeau may be a lot of things but fascist is far from the truth.

To keep things in perspective (because words really do matter): Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of far-right, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society. (For example, something akin to limits on who can vote when, where and how...)

For the last two years, the country I live in has had an incredibly high level of support from across the entire political spectrum for health measures put in place to minimize outbreaks, hospitalizations and deaths. In this country no one played politics with people's lives.

Comparatively speaking, Canada did very well. But after two years a lot of people tired of the safety measures put in place to ensure our health care system and our health care professionals avoided collapse. Those measures worked. A few thousand - that's right, just a few thousand - demonstrated across this massive country demanding something that was already happening. If they want to take credit for restrictions being eased then they can go ahead. But it would be like me taking credit for the sun rising...

During the last two years I often wondered what these same folks would have been like in the 1940's when greater sacrifices were asked of all on the home front while even greater sacrifices were being made on the front lines. When times are tough people are asked to pull together. It's only when we live a privileged existence that we have the luxury of bitching about something so trivial as wearing a mask or getting a vaccine to protect yourself and others...
Last edited by derekc62 on March 7th, 2022, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derek Conlon

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#5 Post by bucketfoot-al »

*SNIP*
Last edited by bucketfoot-al on March 7th, 2022, 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#6 Post by bucketfoot-al »

*SNIP*
Last edited by bucketfoot-al on March 7th, 2022, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#7 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Maybe we have better things to do than think that everything is about us personally.
I can see why politics is forbidden here as I am pretty pissed off at the moment. Stick to models on here Vlad. I used to like you.
Last edited by Tim Fortuna on March 7th, 2022, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#8 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Tim Fortuna wrote:*SNIP*

Maybe we have better things to do than think that everything is about us personally.
I can see why politics is forbidden here as I am pretty pissed off at the moment. Stick to models on here Vlad. I used to like you.
Yeah. I am pretty tense at the moment too. The world situation & all has got me on edge.

Sometimes I get an urge to troll and do something I quickly come to regret like butt into this thread, that I had no business doing. I'll wear the "Dunce" cap of the week as I've earned it.

You're 100% right about that and I apologize to y'all. :oops:

I will "sanitize" my earlier posts and if Derek will do the same with the portion of my earlier post he quoted none will be the wiser.

Please accept my apologies. :oops:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#9 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Thank you Vlad. You are still my favorite Charles Bronson caricature artist.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

billikenmonster
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#10 Post by billikenmonster »

Probably for a good reason the long post I replied to last night did not take..with out getting political.... I think we can all agree everything everywhere is really screwed up there is a lot of misinformation disinformation information manipulation ....we cannot as a free people let the heavy hand of government crush us like these last two years again ....ever

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#11 Post by bucketfoot-al »

billikenmonster wrote:Probably for a good reason the long post I replied to last night did not take..with out getting political.... I think we can all agree everything everywhere is really screwed up there is a lot of misinformation disinformation information manipulation ....we cannot as a free people let the heavy hand of government crush us like these last two years again ....ever

I'll just say that the most disheartening thing I have seen in (perhaps) my entire lifetime is the way that, over the past 10 years, ALL news (regardless of which "team" they root for) has largely become panic-inducing "clickbait" in order to generate revenue. (Some call it "fake news", but its the economics that has driven the "fake" narratives generated largely by "out-of-context" reporting of only snippets of real events).

The way it can play with our emotions is truly frightening and is the reason why I mostly stopped watching news for entertainment about 10 years ago. With this war in the "backyard" of my own "old country" where I go every year I have been watching/listening to way too much of this stuff again ... and all its done is make me more nervous ... time to step away from youtube ... :(
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#12 Post by bucketfoot-al »

Tim Fortuna wrote:Thank you Vlad. You are still my favorite Charles Bronson caricature artist.
:like

Stay tuned - more "new" episodes dropping later today - "Mr Majestyk" is just getting warmed up. :lol:
Bucketfoot-Al

-Davy Crockett

LOBOREX
Bishop of Build Ups

#13 Post by LOBOREX »

No politics at all in this statement. I started posting years ago at what I saw as the biggest problem in the states and elsewhere STUPIDITY. Tv like the history channel and discovery amongst others started showing programs about mermaids being real. How ancient civilizations where all built by aliens etc. And that made it's way into daily life where some dip sticks opinions are as valid as science. Or your feels were just as important as facts. People now believe the dumbest bs coming from morons with track records of being total and complete bullsxxters and failures. You can easily check on the facts of any statement but it's much easier to go along with a lie if it goes with your world view.
Helena is here at hand;
And the youth, mistook by me,
Pleading for a lover's fee.
Shall we their fond pageant see?
Lord, what fools these mortals be! -Puck

temperflash
Bishop of Build Ups

#14 Post by temperflash »

LOBOREX wrote: Tv like the history channel and discovery amongst others started showing programs about mermaids being real. How ancient civilizations where all built by aliens etc. And that made it's way into daily life where some dip sticks opinions are as valid as science.
More dangerous perhaps is when a recognized person in their field gets a wild notion and misrepresents facts to support their delusions.
Two examples would be when a Roman Puggio was found in a trash pit of a ancient village in Britain. The probable date that it was deposited convinced one professor that "everything we thought we knew about Roman Britain is wrong".
He wanted to rewrite the timeline of the Roman occupation based on a single find.
Problem with that is there were Greek merchants and returning mercenaries bringing in such things for centuries before the Romans even knew enough about Britain to care about it.
Another was the find of a supposedly unknown type of Viking helmet in Russia.
Problem there was this turned out to be the anti flack metal liner from an ME262 jet pilots leather helmet.

People are often as full of it as a Christmas Turkey.

billikenmonster
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

#15 Post by billikenmonster »

Hey I’m not getting political here but I hope you guys see what’s going on here this is beyond left or right it’s all of us Stay Strong