What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

A question for the group

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

A question for the group

#1 Post by belrog999 »

Hey, Folks!
A friend has passed away and he left me his movies, music, mags and some toys to do as I wish. I have started an ebay store to sell most of the items to help his family pay down his medical bills. He has many items signed by very famous people (Evil Dead DVD signed by Bruce Campbell, Suspiria VHS signed by Argento, etc) but some items are personalized (e.g "To Martin") I was considering keeping them, but I just turned 70 and in the event I die I don't want my wife to worry about finding homes for all this stuff. My question is would there be any kind of market for personalized signed items? Would I be a jerk for selling them? Okay, that's two questions, but you can see my problem. Any and all feedback would be most helpful. Thanks, guys!!
Steve
belrog

derekc62
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: A question for the group

#2 Post by derekc62 »

belrog999 wrote:Hey, Folks!
A friend has passed away and he left me his movies, music, mags and some toys to do as I wish. I have started an ebay store to sell most of the items to help his family pay down his medical bills. He has many items signed by very famous people (Evil Dead DVD signed by Bruce Campbell, Suspiria VHS signed by Argento, etc) but some items are personalized (e.g "To Martin") I was considering keeping them, but I just turned 70 and in the event I die I don't want my wife to worry about finding homes for all this stuff. My question is would there be any kind of market for personalized signed items? Would I be a jerk for selling them? Okay, that's two questions, but you can see my problem. Any and all feedback would be most helpful. Thanks, guys!!
Steve
From what I've seen, the personalized items sell at lower prices but they do sell.
Derek Conlon

bucketfoot-al
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#3 Post by bucketfoot-al »

I would recommend eBAY and/or ETSY. But be prepared to lower your expectations, price-wise. The days of commanding fabulous prices on memorabilia auction items online are more than a decade in the rear view mirror - unless its something REALLY special. (The two autographed items you mentioned above wouldn't seem to fit that description to me, BTW).

Good luck!
Bucketfoot-Al
http://bucketfoot-al.tripod.com/DinoModels/

"You may all go to Hell. I will go to Texas."
-Davy Crockett

belrog999
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

#4 Post by belrog999 »

Thanks for your input, guys! Another example is a DVD Ray Harryhausen : The Early Years Collection signed by the master himself.
belrog