What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Can you feel it ... it's all in the mix.

Post and discuss "Off Topic" things here...

Moderator: Moderators

Richard Cacioppo
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Squire of the Sprue

Can you feel it ... it's all in the mix.

#1 Post by Richard Cacioppo »

Hello,

I don't know how many of the other artists here have other directions in their lives. Sometimes, my art gets me in such a whirl wind I question why I was built this way and not that.

This morning, I hauled in a bunch of lumber from Home Depot. I'll be building a wall unit for a friend down the block. I've just finished the molding for the kitchen I design and built from stem to stern. I also have all the material to build and attach a roof extention to my workshop. What does this have to do with the price of tomato's you may ask.

Well my writing is brewing with new idea's for stories to create. I created a sci fi and fantasy workshop, it's calle the WritingAddict, there is an environment of artists of a different but similar thought. Creativity is creativity no matter how you slice it. I've got my recording equipment also sitting and waiting for me to get down to business. Now there's the diorama and models waiting at the other end of the workshop covered with a tarp, dorment for close to a year. And now, I'm here, at the ClubHouse again. Trying my best to fit the pieces to this puzzle in all their proper proportion in my life.

Believe you me when I say, I think others other out there, maybe even you, are feeling the pull from other directions and how in God's name does it all work as a unit. It can if you let it. I've already got stories that fit into place when the models are near completion. I've got illustrations and photography merging into the mix. Sometimes, I lean on my woodworking skills. And music, well why can't I write songs and music linked to the theme of the models in progress or complete.

In the past, I felt, awkward and abused by my art. That old syndrom, which way do I go to be complete. Why was I built this way? How do I make a choice, that will satisfy my needs and personal heart? But today, as I was writing to my friend, who asked, "Rich where have you been. I miss your words." I said, "Why I've been writing to others at the ClubHouse and have been feeling darn good about it. So many others who create in different way, but with the same energy and love for their art. So why can't an artist be multi-facited and be complete. The answer is imply and secure, as Jim Morrison wrote, "Let it roll baby roll." Being complete is only a state of mind.

Just some thoughts passing through my noggin' this morning. I thought it would be pleasing to share the thoughts with you.

rich c

the not so mad monster maker and the sort from the village in the middle of fantasy and reality land
Come over to www.themadmonstermaker.com and see the wonderful pieces of art I have. It doesn't take a penny to look and enjoy, and who knows ... You might fight something that suited just for you.