What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Beautiful plinths and bases

All aspects of Historical and Fantasy Miniatures are under discussion: including creating diorama's and vignettes.

Moderators: Jim Bertges, Moderators

Ellis Kendrick
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Seam Filler

Beautiful plinths and bases

#1 Post by Ellis Kendrick »

These tinted clear resin and natural wood bases are made by a company in England. Does anyone know of a USA-based maker of similar bases to avoid the hassle of international shipping ???

Ellis K. in Missouri

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

Re: Beautiful plinths and bases

#2 Post by kevtk135 »

If you find a seller, let me know. I've been looking for plinths "locally" for a while now. Seems all are in Europe. I almost pulled the trigger for some, but I just couldn't spend for postage what was the cost of a few disks of wood.
Almost makes me want to go out and buy a lathe, and after a learning curve, make my own...
Kev
~~~

I used to never finish anyth

My little corner of the Net: http://www.kevtk.blogspot.com

Ellis Kendrick
Gone but not Forgotten
Gone but not Forgotten
Seam Filler

#3 Post by Ellis Kendrick »

Sorry, Kev !
Just saw this today. Yep - they all seem to be in Europe. I don't think anyone is going to get rich selling bases for sculpts !
Too much of "I'd buy that if it was walnut instead of oak or if was maple instead of cypress or blue instead of red or 3" tall instead of 4", square instead of round" Each would have to be a custom order or the maker could wind up stuck with a bunch of unsold and unwanted items.

I've never looked, but maybe some vendor at Wonderfest or Jerseyfest might have some ?!
Ellis K. in Missouri

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#4 Post by kevtk135 »

Ellis Kendrick wrote:Sorry, Kev !
Just saw this today. Yep - they all seem to be in Europe. I don't think anyone is going to get rich selling bases for sculpts !
Too much of "I'd buy that if it was walnut instead of oak or if was maple instead of cypress or blue instead of red or 3" tall instead of 4", square instead of round" Each would have to be a custom order or the maker could wind up stuck with a bunch of unsold and unwanted items.

I've never looked, but maybe some vendor at Wonderfest or Jerseyfest might have some ?!
Eh, Thats ok, Ellis, no worries.
I hear ya on all the different variations. I can never seem to get to WF, but I will make it my business to look at the next JF.
Kev
~~~

Drew_666
Glue Sniffer

#5 Post by Drew_666 »

Last edited by Drew_666 on July 19th, 2019, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#7 Post by kevtk135 »

:like

Also, while looking for something else, I "discovered" Last Cavalry has some nice offerings -
https://shop.lastcavalry.com/wood-figure-bases/
Kev
~~~

Scott_Sheltz
Wizard of Washes

#8 Post by Scott_Sheltz »

Last Cavalry is a great store to deal with when ordering. Also check out their You Tube Channel Dave is a killer figure painter
Aloha,

Scott
-------------------------------------------------------
If you don't stand behind our troops, then please feel free to stand in front of them!!! God Bless our Military!

kevtk135
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Duke of Dry Brush

#9 Post by kevtk135 »

Scott_Sheltz wrote:Last Cavalry is a great store to deal with when ordering. Also check out their You Tube Channel Dave is a killer figure painter
Ya'know I've been watching his vids for a while, since he was with Michigan Toy Soldier. But didn't look at his store until he was at one of the recent IPMS Nats somewhere. I looked in his store just recently for a challenge our model club is doing and thats when I "discovered" his bases! Gonna have to try them out one day soon. (BTW I bought a figure kit and some terrain stuff from LC, and he was quick on the email to LMK about filling the order. Good guy in my book).
Kev
~~~