What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Reaper Bones kickstarter 5 has started

All aspects of Historical and Fantasy Miniatures are under discussion: including creating diorama's and vignettes.

Moderators: Jim Bertges, Moderators

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Reaper Bones kickstarter 5 has started

#1 Post by Misellus »

Lotsa miniatures for cheap, if you like MINI-atures (my eyes can't do it anymore)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/re ... escription

I've ordered from the last 2, mostly dragons and giants. Everything does eventually arrive (delivery is scheduled for early 2021, will likely be mid 2021)

m-
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt

Otto69
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

Re: Reaper Bones kickstarter 5 has started

#2 Post by Otto69 »

I only tried Bones figures once, the first release, some small orcs. They were supposedly paint ready no need for priming, but they simply would not take paint smoothly. Is there some secret to painting them? Because I know they CAN be painted well, I just don't know how to do it.
Keep America Strong, Watch More Horror Movies!

Misellus
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Master of Masking

Re: Reaper Bones kickstarter 5 has started

#3 Post by Misellus »

Wash them with soap and water is all I ever did. I never had trouble getting paint to stick. You can't use normal spray primer on them (damages the plastic) but they do take brush on primers. I can't remember what it's called, but there's an ink or stain that you just brush on, let dry then paint the highlights. Great for people looking to paint an orc army in a weekend. I can look for it tonight and post the name. There's a jar on my desk somewhere. Jesse's airbrush primer would probably work.

They've also updated the material multiple times. The formula they used on Bones 4 is significantly better than what they used in the first run. I have a small dragon from when they first released Bones and it's night and day to the figures I painted from the run a couple years later (Bones KS3). Much stiffer, better detail. These are not meant to be as good as resin or metal, they're meant to fill a table for a couple hundred bucks instead of a couple thousand. I've never painted on but this KS is supposed to be mostly done in the newer black plastic. I can't speak to how good it is, just that a lot of people were happy because they like it best (a couple in Bones 4 were black but nothing I bought).

hope it helps...
m-
People Say Nothing Is Impossible, But I Do Nothing Every Day
-Theodor Rosyfelt