What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Sideshow Disney Maleficent PF (Head Repair & Conversion)

Customizing Action Figures, Dolls, Die Cast Vehicles and Other Toys. Also repainting, customizing and collecting Pre-Painted Statues.

Moderator: Moderators

ExperienceTheWonder
Jack of all Trades

Sideshow Disney Maleficent PF (Head Repair & Conversion)

#1 Post by ExperienceTheWonder »

I recently had an opportunity to obtain two (2) damaged Maleficent heads by a fellow collector who had obtained them from a consignment dealer that purchased them in a closeout lot containing damaged returns from various manufacturers.

I'm documenting my repair and repaint progress for them with turnarounds on ExperienceTheMistress.com if you are interested:

My goal is to re-sculpt the missing pieces using my fully intact versions as reference, and also apply a fresh paint job that is more inspired by the classic “flat” animated style of Maleficent from Walt Disney’s Sleeping Beauty animated film (1954). This will allow me to add a further two (2) alternate heads to my Sideshow Exclusive figure – each with my own one-of-a-kind paint treatment – effectively making the piece an ExperienceTheMistress.com Exclusive! :)

I'm planning to take some photos of the finished heads on the figure as well, once they are complete.

Enjoy!