What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Custom (Bowen & DST) Mauraders Busts - Vertigo and Harpoon

Customizing Action Figures, Dolls, Die Cast Vehicles and Other Toys. Also repainting, customizing and collecting Pre-Painted Statues.

Moderator: Moderators

UnicornPegasus
Brush Jockey

Custom (Bowen & DST) Mauraders Busts - Vertigo and Harpoon

#1 Post by UnicornPegasus »

These are the latest in the set of Marauders busts I've been creating. Today we have Vertigo and Harpoon.

Vertigo is made from a Battlestar Galactica Six bust (red dress version.) I 3D printed her base and power effect. Her hair is all hand sculpted. She's airbrushed and hand painted. I added some pastel colors makeup for her eyeshadow this time, it was my first use of them really. I think I should have put a matte sealer down over the gloss before I did them. They didn't want to adhere to the gloss layer very well, but I'm still happy with the outcome. The power is on magnet system so it can be removed if need be.

The second is Harpoon. He is made from a Namor Bust from Bowen Designs. His harpoon tips are magnetic under the fur trim, so they come out for shipping and moving. I 3D printed the base, it's an Inuit symbol called a Inuksuit. It's made to look like stone, like a genuine one would be, and I added a snowy scene base for it, to tie in the character's heritage further. I'm thrilled with how this one came out.

tay666
Site Admin
Resin Slayer

Re: Custom (Bowen & DST) Mauraders Busts - Vertigo and Harpo

#2 Post by tay666 »

Those turned out very nice.

And yes, pastels don't stick well to gloss surfaces. A lot of times, I will brush on some matte varnish first.
Trevor Ylisaari

Check out My Prehistoric Scenes site and forum

"Nothing like a trail of blood
To find your way back home."

WANTED - Bat Rider - produced by Wraiths

Tim Fortuna
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Wizard of Washes

#3 Post by Tim Fortuna »

Very cool, nice conversions.
"There are several sacred things in this world that you don't ever mess with. One of them happens to be another man's fries..." Louis Fedders

UnicornPegasus
Brush Jockey

#4 Post by UnicornPegasus »

tay666 wrote:Those turned out very nice.

And yes, pastels don't stick well to gloss surfaces. A lot of times, I will brush on some matte varnish first.
I will totally try that next time, thank you!
Tim Fortuna wrote:Very cool, nice conversions.
Thank you very much! :D