What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

Blockbuster (Custom 3D Printed) Bust - X-men Marauder

Customizing Action Figures, Dolls, Die Cast Vehicles and Other Toys. Also repainting, customizing and collecting Pre-Painted Statues.

Moderator: Moderators

UnicornPegasus
Brush Jockey

Blockbuster (Custom 3D Printed) Bust - X-men Marauder

#1 Post by UnicornPegasus »

This is the next piece in my commissioned X-men Marauders bust line. This one I didn't customize from an existing physical bust, but instead I composed it digitally myself, built a custom base in Meshmixer (learning this stuff was difficult, and I know I'm still whatever is lower than a novice at it), printed, and painted it myself on an Ender 5 Plus.

I added the clothes via hand sculpting, because that was a little bit beyond my digital skillset at present, including hand stitching lines for the seams. My client really likes to have those details on the costumes.

I had some issues with the print along the way, like the undersides of everything were spaghetti monsters and full of voids, and the top of his head didn't print at all the first time, so I had to make some repairs after I printed it.

The beard was mostly unsalvageable in the print, so I sculpted over it by hand and beefed it up. I think it came out nicely.

Also, the client didn't like the belt area I created digitally, so we opted to smooth that area out and make it more like it's part of the base he torso is sitting on.

I painted it in acrylic paints, and used Createx for the awesome spandex glimmer.

I'm very happy with how this set is turning out, which is rare for me, as I'm never happy with my own art. :D

Heavy Metal Spike
Knight of the Round Bench
Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)

Re: Blockbuster (Custom 3D Printed) Bust - X-men Marauder

#2 Post by Heavy Metal Spike »

Not sure if it's just me - but none of the images show?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Image

Ant
Registered Seller
Registered Seller
Earl of Epoxy

Re: Blockbuster (Custom 3D Printed) Bust - X-men Marauder

#3 Post by Ant »

It's not just you....