What's new in the Gallery?
Check This thread

IPMS Region IV show - April 8-9, Dayton, OH

For info on other shows.
Do you have local shows that you'd like to post about. Put it here!

Moderator: Moderators

Paul Helfrich
Squire of the Sprue

IPMS Region IV show - April 8-9, Dayton, OH

#1 Post by Paul Helfrich »

Hello! I’m pleased to announce that my IPMS chapter, Wright Field Scale Modelers, has once again been selected to host the IPMS Region 4 convention. Previous regionals we have hosted have drawn as many as 700 contest entries, and we're expecting a similarly large turnout for 2016.

This year’s dates are April 8-9, 2016. As with our previous shows, the event will be held at the Hope Hotel and Conference Center at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, Ohio, just minutes from the National Museum of the US Air Force. The venue is a great site for a contest – plenty of room and well-lighted! – with on site-dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There will be a huge vendor area, but interested vendors should act now - space is going fast.

NEW for 2016: Open Style “Gold / Silver / Bronze” Judging, with NNL-Style Judging for Automotive Categories. We know the traditional IPMS 1-2-3 system is often frustrating for figure modelers, and we're very excited about our move to open judging.

Full information including a complete list of contest categories may be found here: http://wrightcon.com/

Mark your calendars now, and we hope to see you in April!

Paul Helfrich
Wright Field Scale Modelers
“Hello darkness, my old friend...I've come to talk with you again." - Paul Simon